The Student Room Group

Christian Vultures circling over Pakistani Flood Victims

How do you feel about Christian missionaries offering to help Pakistan? Do you feel that all help should be accepted in times of need, or that missionaries should be banned from providing aid if they display clear intent to try to convert vulnerable people?

What do you think of this article?

2.5 Million people are now affected by the flooding in Northern Pakistan and Christian Missionary Vultures are already circling, ready to pounce and give their usual offers of ‘help’ with the Bible being given with their other hand.

Christian Aid, Cafod, World Vision and many others are raising funds, and gearing up to send missionary aid workers to Pakistan as the terrible disaster unfolds, with at least 1300 dead and hundreds of thousands homeless.

Many of them for a 2nd time as their original homes in Swat were destroyed by the army in their attempts to drive out Islam and the Shariah from Pakistan and more soldiers are fighting for the Americans in the border regions with Afghanistan than helping in the aid effort....

Whilst Muslims there in Pakistan are doing all they can to help their brothers and sisters in the face of such neglect, incompetence and corruption, the Trinitarian idolators scent an opportunity and are openly calling on Christians to support their missionary activities in Swat and other affected regions.

Christian websites such as Christiantoday report Christian aid groups in the country are assisting in relief efforts by distributing food packages and shelter material such as plastic sheeting, and we can be sure that some of these offers of aid to these poor and often uneducated people will come with invites to Bible studies or people will be tempted into apostacy with much-needed aid going to Christians first, an invitation to disbelief for the needy....

Though Christians are usually a little more honest than other disbelievers it has to be stated openly and clearly many of them, especially the Missionaries consider it permissable to lie, cheat, bribe, indeed do anything to spread their faith and indeed their Bible, the book they consider to be the word of God permits them to lie or so they say.

Paul states in the Bible, “But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I caught you with guile.” (2 Corinthians 12:16) and also “For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto His Glory; why yet I am also judged a sinner?” (Romans 3:7-8)

Many Christians are not aware of these verses, but the missionaries are and Muslims catch them being dishonest on so many occasions up and down Britain.

http://theislamicstandard.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/christian-vultures-circling-over-pakistani-flood-victims/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If the missionaries have no ulterior ambition they should be lauded for their efforts and kindness.
Reply 2
If God helps them through this, then he should be worshipped through the appropriate religion.
Broderss
If God helps them through this, then he should be worshipped through the appropriate religion.

The missionaries aren't Muslims though :confused:
Reply 4
Broderss

Stop referring to Islam slyly :spank:
Reply 5
Christians don't see it that way though. They believe that by preaching to people they're helping them, and they genuinely think they're doing good.

It's like how parents bring their children up Christian. They could be easily manipulated, but the parents think they're doing their duties as a Christian.
Reply 6
if theres one group of people who christians shouldnt try and convert, its muslims
Reply 7
I think you are mistaken. Christians are going there to genuinely help - just like they do any where there is a disaster whether or not they can preach. For instance all those charities are present in Sudan, even though they face death if they preach - and they therefore do not preach. If Islam was the true religion they'd have nothing to worry about... Just like Christians aren't scared of being converted by Muslims. I also think you are confusing Christianity with Islam when you say they are allowed to lie - indeed Islam allows you to lie, slay whole villages, rape, steal, keep slaves, have sex with children etc.
Reply 8
Christian charities are some of the biggest in the world.
Sure, ban Christian charity - then there'll be no one to help... Are you actually going to use religion (or lack of) to decide who can and cannot help?

If I was in a disaster I wouldn't give a **** if they were scientologists preaching to me, as long as they were helping.

Talk about a biased source as well. Imagine what you'd say if I got the Christian equivalent, which probably says something like "Muslim terrorists get what's coming to them" (i.e. completely ridiculous and offensive statement).
Reply 9
booraad
How do you feel about Christian missionaries offering to help Pakistan? Do you feel that all help should be accepted in times of need, or that missionaries should be banned from providing aid if they display clear intent to try to convert vulnerable people?

What do you think of this article?

2.5 Million people are now affected by the flooding in Northern Pakistan and Christian Missionary Vultures are already circling, ready to pounce and give their usual offers of ‘help’ with the Bible being given with their other hand.

Christian Aid, Cafod, World Vision and many others are raising funds, and gearing up to send missionary aid workers to Pakistan as the terrible disaster unfolds, with at least 1300 dead and hundreds of thousands homeless.

Many of them for a 2nd time as their original homes in Swat were destroyed by the army in their attempts to drive out Islam and the Shariah from Pakistan and more soldiers are fighting for the Americans in the border regions with Afghanistan than helping in the aid effort....

Whilst Muslims there in Pakistan are doing all they can to help their brothers and sisters in the face of such neglect, incompetence and corruption, the Trinitarian idolators scent an opportunity and are openly calling on Christians to support their missionary activities in Swat and other affected regions.

Christian websites such as Christiantoday report Christian aid groups in the country are assisting in relief efforts by distributing food packages and shelter material such as plastic sheeting, and we can be sure that some of these offers of aid to these poor and often uneducated people will come with invites to Bible studies or people will be tempted into apostacy with much-needed aid going to Christians first, an invitation to disbelief for the needy....

Though Christians are usually a little more honest than other disbelievers it has to be stated openly and clearly many of them, especially the Missionaries consider it permissable to lie, cheat, bribe, indeed do anything to spread their faith and indeed their Bible, the book they consider to be the word of God permits them to lie or so they say.

Paul states in the Bible, “But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I caught you with guile.” (2 Corinthians 12:16) and also “For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto His Glory; why yet I am also judged a sinner?” (Romans 3:7-8)

Many Christians are not aware of these verses, but the missionaries are and Muslims catch them being dishonest on so many occasions up and down Britain.

http://theislamicstandard.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/christian-vultures-circling-over-pakistani-flood-victims/

This article is a load of horse crap, that is if you can call this pile of drivel an article. Houses destroyed by the army attempting to drive out Islam and Shariah? Really? Well **** you. What the army was driving out was the scum of the earth we have come to know as the Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan, and if you believe that they did wrong by driving out those sick excuses for human beings than you are no friend of Pakistan, self proclaimed soldiers of Islam or not. Any party that defines the murder of 22000 Pakistani civilians and 4000 soldiers fighting to defend those civilians 'a fight against Sharia and Islam' has no business calling those trying to genuinely help Pakistan, so once again, Mullahs, screw you. Its our people who're suffering while your oil dollars are helping buy guns and suicide vests for the murderers of Pakistani Muslims, so I'd much rather take the Christian vultures, who unlike you are trying to do some good in the world, one way or the other unlike you hypocrites lauding the murder of innocents for your savage pleasures. Filthy terrorist hypocrites. These hypocrites whine, bitch and moan about a bunch of Christian missionaries trying to help 1.5 million people who have lost everything yet they justify the murder of those very people in the name of some contorted view of Islam. The hell with you.

/Rant. Too many people dying all over the place and my hometown is ******* in the middle of all the floods and crap.
How much spin can you fit in a single article?
Reply 11
They should be allowed to help, but it's wrong to try and convert people. The flood victims are vulnerable and desperate, which makes them easier to manipulate. There's no problem helping them out, but trying to coerce their christian views on people is wrong.
Sky News: Cameron pledges to flush Taliban out of Pakistan
I thought, "This new PM doesn't **** about."

A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief...
Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed.

Earthquakes,War,Floods
Pakistan sounds like a terrible place to live. Makes you wonder why they don't all move to another country.

BBC News - At least 800 dead in Pakistan floods.
Look, if you don't want to wash, God will make you!

What do you call a Pakistan flood survivor?
Mustafa Dinghy.
Reply 13
they're helping, they're saving people, it's their duty. how many flood victims do you think are saying "oh god no not these guys". and anyway, they arent forcing their faith on people. its an offer, people are free to reject it. they're acting to help people, not everything is a cunning plan to convert everyone
Reply 14
we can be sure that some of these offers of aid to these poor and often uneducated people will come with invites to Bible studies or people will be tempted into apostacy with much-needed aid going to Christians first, an invitation to disbelief for the needy....

Can we be sure of that? I don't think we can, actually, and in fact to assume so is not just prejudiced but intentionally divisive.

There are some extremely unsavory evangelical groups around - usually American, but not always - which might have a conversion agenda (and usually 0% success rate in Islamic countries), but these:

Christian Aid, Cafod, World Vision

... are not among them. In fact they might well argue that helping people of other religions on an unconditional basis was a cornerstone of their faith.
.Ali.
They should be allowed to help, but it's wrong to try and convert people. The flood victims are vulnerable and desperate, which makes them easier to manipulate. There's no problem helping them out, but trying to coerce their christian views on people is wrong.

Children are even easier to manipulate than flood victims.

Should children with religious parents be banned from living with them?
Reply 16
Iamnotapenguin
Sky News: Cameron pledges to flush Taliban out of Pakistan
I thought, "This new PM doesn't **** about."

A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief...
Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed.

Earthquakes,War,Floods
Pakistan sounds like a terrible place to live. Makes you wonder why they don't all move to another country.

BBC News - At least 800 dead in Pakistan floods.
Look, if you don't want to wash, God will make you!

What do you call a Pakistan flood survivor?
Mustafa Dinghy.

That's really harsh. :/
Reply 17
Iamnotapenguin
Children are even easier to manipulate than flood victims.

Should children with religious parents be banned from living with them?

No they shouldn't, although it is my opinion that parents shouldn't force their religion on their children either. They should inculde their child and educate them, then give them the means to make up their own choice about their personal beliefs.
When I hear of something like this, I think of the episode of Friends where Pheobe discusses about how people do something to make themselves feel good and not to be selfless as they believe they are.

That and I believe they do sometimes think they are doing good.

Basically many charities especially the christian ones do something because its the "christian" thing to do, kinda like a Ned Flanders ideal but they do it because they think it makes them better people(so in other words not selfless) or similar such notion and theres at least a small amount of trying to make others feel guilty about not helping.

If they really wanted to do good they wouldnt want recognition for it or press attention at all.
Reply 19
All long as they're providing some physical help, i have no contention with them, whether or not some people choose to convert after if their own decision, anyone helping in any way should be applauded. Iamnotapenguin, you are a complete ass.An unfunny one at that.Get off the thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending