The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They have to bring religion into this. For helping people. FFS :facepalm:
Reply 21
In a situation like this, religion should be put aside when it comes to helping people. It's commendable that these missionaries are helping the Pakistani's, but ultimately that's how it should be anyway, and religion shouldn't get in the way of those in need of aid. However, if they are trying to convert people (Which I can pretty much guarantee they'll be unsucessful anyway), that's just pathetic.
Iamnotapenguin
Sky News: Cameron pledges to flush Taliban out of Pakistan
I thought, "This new PM doesn't **** about."

A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief...
Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed.

Earthquakes,War,Floods
Pakistan sounds like a terrible place to live. Makes you wonder why they don't all move to another country.

BBC News - At least 800 dead in Pakistan floods.
Look, if you don't want to wash, God will make you!

What do you call a Pakistan flood survivor?
Mustafa Dinghy.

Stop copying jokes of sickipedia
Iamnotapenguin
Sky News: Cameron pledges to flush Taliban out of Pakistan
I thought, "This new PM doesn't **** about."

A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief...
Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed.

Earthquakes,War,Floods
Pakistan sounds like a terrible place to live. Makes you wonder why they don't all move to another country.

BBC News - At least 800 dead in Pakistan floods.
Look, if you don't want to wash, God will make you!

What do you call a Pakistan flood survivor?
Mustafa Dinghy.

wtf is up with your post count
loki276
Stop copying jokes of sickipedia

stop copying videos of youtube
SumTingWong
wtf is up with your post count

not too sure, my first post/thread got rejected for being a troll thread, but I was away when this happened and just came onto this now?
Reply 26
As long as they're providing help to those who need it, I don't think it really matters what their motivations are.
Reply 27
this is how religion is spread, by preaching to the ignorant and scared.
mrluvaluva
this is how religion is spread, by preaching to the ignorant and scared.

QFT
Receiving aid from a Christian missionary is a tad better than receiving no aid and getting dragged away in a fast flowing river IMO..

Im sure you would feel the same if you were in their position.
Well let's be honest, the only place praising Allah has got these people is 6 feet underwater.
Elipsis
I think you are mistaken. Christians are going there to genuinely help - just like they do any where there is a disaster whether or not they can preach. For instance all those charities are present in Sudan, even though they face death if they preach - and they therefore do not preach. If Islam was the true religion they'd have nothing to worry about... Just like Christians aren't scared of being converted by Muslims. I also think you are confusing Christianity with Islam when you say they are allowed to lie - indeed Islam allows you to lie, slay whole villages, rape, steal, keep slaves, have sex with children etc.

Check your sources I think your suffering from a disease known as ignorance.
FyreFight
Well let's be honest, the only place praising Allah has got these people is 6 feet underwater.

Oh and where did christians in europe get by worshipping Jesus during the middle ages, killed off by the plague. Please tell me wat you said was a sarcastic remark because I don't think anyone was capable of such a logic fail.
Iamnotapenguin
stop copying videos of youtube

they aren't copied. they are linked to the videos
fist of the south star
Oh and where did christians in europe get by worshipping Jesus during the middle ages

into the richest countries in the world bitchezz

jesus 1 - 0 mohammed
FyreFight
into the richest countries in the world bitchezz

jesus 1 - 0 mohammed

*face-palm*
Reply 36
lol the missionaires will probably come back muslim. Everybody knows the muslims top the list of converters possibly the convert or die attitudes but they even beat jehovahs witness to the post.
Farooqi bean
All long as they're providing some physical help, i have no contention with them, whether or not some people choose to convert after if their own decision, anyone helping in any way should be applauded. Iamnotapenguin, you are a complete ass.An unfunny one at that.Get off the thread.

This. I wholelly agree with this:yep: .
Reply 38
Diaz89
If the missionaries have no ulterior ambition they should be lauded for their efforts and kindness.

And do you think these people really have no other ambition?

They comes to places afflicted by war and disaster, and tell them that all you have to do is believe in Christ and you will be saved (in other words, not need to make an effort to be rewarded), and unforuntaltely, some are so weak that they give into it.

The shaitaan of mankind will come to the desparate ones in the best of forms, offering a deceptive hand of help.

-
Reply 39
They are helping the suffering nation so I would never say that they should not be there. Although I have always wondered how groups compremise when they work together e.g. The red cross and The red crescent. I don't know if they both just agree to not proseltyse or what but it seems to work.

Latest

Trending

Trending