The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What your timetable will be

Hi guys, I'm sorry if there is a similar thread to this somewhere else but has anyone been on the site where you can look at your subject timetable?

Its: http://shipley.nottingham.ac.uk:8004/program.htm

I've been on but can't figure it out at all. Im doing Ancient History so went to 'classics' and then selected Ancient History/1, but it looks like there is beginners Greek taught every day, how do you work out which of the modules apply to you?

I'm trying to work out if I'll get any long weekends where I can see my boyfriend, can anyone help?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
mines damn crowded and makes no sense yet as im not in a group yet.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
When i go on that page, i just get a load of lines? how do you work it?
Reply 3
I guess I'm gonna have to wait until I get there, I'm just fretting that I won't be able to fit in seeing my bf very much. And I'm incredibly impatient and wanna know my timetable! I thought there must be a way to work it out because some people were saying they've got mondays and fridays off etc?
Reply 4
Papaspirpolous

It should come up with a box you can select your faculty in etc, if its not working try to cut out some of the adress, end after the .ac bit, sometimes a really long adress confuses the pc. x
Reply 5
Nope still doesn't work.... :-(
Reply 6
How do you know which timetable is yours?

For example, out of:

Management Studes/1
Management Studies/2
Management Studies/3

... how do you know which one you're doing?
Reply 7
I just went for the /1 one, maybe they represent the year that your in? It's still confusing even after you've picked one, on my timetable beginners Greek 1 was at 9.00 and 12.00 on Monday, but each has different codes around them, I dunno how to work them out, we need someone who has figured them out! x
Reply 8
Papaspirpolous

Maybe it's a problem with your pc/browser/net provider, as it seems to have worked for everyone else, if you try again in a bit it might have worked itself out :smile:
Reply 9
Friday is off for me :biggrin:......but I make up for that on the Thursday before :frown:

Thats how it stands anyway, until I get the extra modules timetables list.
Reply 10
secrets133
I just went for the /1 one, maybe they represent the year that your in?

Yeah, I think you're right actually, it makes sense.
my god why are you so determined to find out ur timetalbes.... news to you those arent final timetables!!they arent published until you get there ur final timetables, so dont rely on those!!
Reply 12
Lewis-HuStuJCR
my god why are you so determined to find out ur timetalbes.... news to you those arent final timetables!!they arent published until you get there ur final timetables, so dont rely on those!!

Keep your pants on I was only curious grumpy bum!
Reply 13
rt6
Friday is off for me :biggrin:......but I make up for that on the Thursday before :frown:

Thats how it stands anyway, until I get the extra modules timetables list.

How do you know you have fri clear? Is your subject completely blank for that day or have you worked it out? x
Is is going to matter a great deal if I miss a lecture or a seminar on a Friday afternoon (I'm studying Classical civillisation) just one week, as I need to take a train back to Somerset?
Reply 15
sophieliz
Is is going to matter a great deal if I miss a lecture or a seminar on a Friday afternoon (I'm studying Classical civillisation) just one week, as I need to take a train back to Somerset?

Nobody will mind about lectures, seminars are techincally compulsory, so it depends on your department/seminar leader (and I've heard that classics can be one of the more anal departments)
i hate my timetable, it sucks

i have 9am lectures every day, then i have 2-3 hour breaks in between all lectures apart from thursday when i have lectures until 5pm

bleh :frown:

Edit:

its changed, i have like 2 lectures a week now, lol

wahey!
Reply 17
twistedheaven
i hate my timetable, it sucks

i have 9am lectures every day, then i have 2-3 hour breaks in between all lectures apart from thursday when i have lectures until 5pm

bleh :frown:

Edit:

its changed, i have like 2 lectures a week now, lol

wahey!

How do you work out when your lectures are?!
Reply 18
It doesnt include your optional modules which you choose when you get here
What about missing a computer lab session? Is that 'bad'? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending