The Student Room Group
1) Degree classification, work experience, extra-curriculars etc count for much more.
2) No, it's not mickey mouse in the sense that it is Media Studies, but it is hardly English Literature or Chemistry.
3) Nope, sorry. :smile:

Btw, since you say you "want to be in a cabinet", perhaps you could get involved with students politics, other campaiging issues, or stuff like that?

But really, most people who are in the cabinet have graduated from Oxford PPE, or generally speaking Oxford as they have alumni that encompasses many of today's politician's. But there's no reason why not. :smile:
Reply 2
i plan to do as much work experience as possible, and am standing for council next year, am hopefully going to stand for young labour committee and hopefully stand as an MP in 2015! so am very in to it! i would love to be like culture sec or schools and families minister one day!!
Im going to try york, and ive emailed oxford, because one of my teachers said that they sometimes (very rarely i know!) take people because of passion and drive etc! thanks for your reply :smile:
Well, good luck with your uni choices.

I don't think politics and sociology are Mickey Mouse at all, especially if you want to get involved in politics as a profession.

My advice though is to join your preferred party, and look and listen for a long time, (I mean a few years).

Honestly, your chances of getting elected while still a student are slim, but if you were able to add five or six years of party activity and a degree or a masters to your cv, as well as some community work, people might listen to you a lot more carefully!

Anyways, hope that helps, good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending