The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi, I'm going to do exactly the same as you (hopefully). Economics is a highly respected degree and Durham is one of the best universities in the country so we can't go wrong there.

At the open day we were told about the many paths you can take in the course at Durham. In the first year your choices are narrow but after that you get a decision as to which part of economics you want to study.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
MarcusTheEskimo
Hi, I'm going to do exactly the same as you (hopefully). Economics is a highly respected degree and Durham is one of the best universities in the country so we can't go wrong there.

At the open day we were told about the many paths you can take in the course at Durham. In the first year your choices are narrow but after that you get a decision as to which part of economics you want to study.

thanks first, it is so great to hear some one who could shed some light on it. i also think Durham is quite a prestigious uni. that would be great if we have more choices from second year onwards.
by the way, do you mind my asking if you are an alevel student, cos your profile suggest you are from Norway..
thanks first, it is so great to hear some one who could shed some light on it. i also think Durham is quite a prestigious uni. that would be great if we have more choices from second year onwards.
by the way, do you mind my asking if you are an alevel student, cos your profile suggest you are from Norway..

Is your name your QQ number? :p:

Yes I'm an A-level student, Norway is my flag because I'm staying in Norway with family right now.
Reply 4
MarcusTheEskimo
Is your name your QQ number? :p:

Yes I'm an A-level student, Norway is my flag because I'm staying in Norway with family right now.

Wow, how do you know QQ???? that is chinese MSN?
that is not my qq number, that is my number on my ID card on college.
hi everyone
i will be going to durham this oct to read pure economics, and i just wonder if anyone has any thought or idea about that course in terms of the quality, reputation, career prospect.
cheers

good quality, reputation and career prospects. However it is in the north and there is a distinct possibility of meeting/ coming into contact with the indiginous peoples of that region when you are there... not worth risking IMO. Stay below the watford gap and you'll be much better.
Reply 6
91 gap year rob
good quality, reputation and career prospects. However it is in the north and there is a distinct possibility of meeting/ coming into contact with the indiginous peoples of that region when you are there... not worth risking IMO. Stay below the watford gap and you'll be much better.

haha that is funny, just wonder if i really bump into those indiginous people, what sort of reacton might i have?
it will be exciting to see them. wish they wear their own clothes, or naked...lol
Wow, how do you know QQ???? that is chinese MSN?
that is not my qq number, that is my number on my ID card on college.

Haha, Ok. I have Tencent QQ, don't know why. Guess it's just from spending too much time on the internet.

haha that is funny, just wonder if i really bump into those indiginous people, what sort of reacton might i have?
it will be exciting to see them. wish they wear their own clothes, or naked...lol

He's just joking. I hope. :rolleyes:

Latest