The Student Room Group

Is 8 stone for 5 foot 10 female...

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'1 and 8 stone.... You're skinny!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
that's tiny, it would give you a BMI of about 16 which is medically underweight. It would be normal if you were quite a bit shorter, but I think you'd have to be at least a stone heavier to even get into the 'normal' weight range. You probably don't look 'dead', it's no where near as bad as you were, but gaining a little bit more would be beneficial (obviously I know it's not that easy!)
Original post by Anonymous
... a good weight, or is too light/heavy?

I have been suffering from anorexia, slowly on the mend...but its difficult, and the reason as to why I got myself into this state in the first instance is complex.

However having been 6 stone 10 for quite a while, Im now 8 stone....and yes I know it sounds stupid, but Im panicking about it, the mind of an anorexic is a complex one :p: and I definitely have some body dysmorphism to boot.

So do you reckon 8 stone is still too light? I have had to work hard to get from 6st10 to this point, fighting the urge to want to lose...but I want to look good, not dead...

opinions please :o: sorry if this is a stupid q.

8 stone at 5 foot 10?! That sounds pretty slim to me. I'm 5,4 / 5,5, and I'm about 8.5 stone, which is apparently an ok weight for me. I'd suggest you use a BMI calculator online, as this will tell you whether your weight is over, or under etc.

Also see your doctor if you're worried about your weight. Good luck. :smile:
Im 5f11 and im 9.5 stone and im a size 8/10 soI would say 8 stone is a bit skinny. I dropped to about 8 stone after a bad breakup and actually I just was a bag of bones, I know it must be hard as I thought putting on weight would mean I was fat but for the first time in years I have boobs and curves and actually look like a fully grown women not flat chested and boyish like I use to. Keep going with the weight gain youve done amazing so far well done
Reply 24
Wow, reading these posts makes me think i am underweight! Would someone mind telling me if i am or not?

I am female (obviously from my username but hey hoe), and i am about 5 foot 2 inch and 3/4 (sorry i know that's very specific). Anyway at the moment my weight is at about 6 stone 4/5 pounds.

I used to weigh in between 6 stone 12 and 7 stone 2 (just depending on the day really). But i lost a lot of weight coming out of hospital (this April and again in may)! I eat normally, and have i shared my concerns with my GP (who didn't help at all!)

So, have any of you guys possibly got any advice?

P.S. Well done OP your doing really well so far, keep up the hard work :biggrin:
Omg I feel like a right heifer now hahaha

*gets back on exercise bike*

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mizzmegg
Wow, reading these posts makes me think i am underweight! Would someone mind telling me if i am or not?

I am female (obviously from my username but hey hoe), and i am about 5 foot 2 inch and 3/4 (sorry i know that's very specific). Anyway at the moment my weight is at about 6 stone 4/5 pounds.

I used to weigh in between 6 stone 12 and 7 stone 2 (just depending on the day really). But i lost a lot of weight coming out of hospital (this April and again in may)! I eat normally, and have i shared my concerns with my GP (who didn't help at all!)

So, have any of you guys possibly got any advice?

P.S. Well done OP your doing really well so far, keep up the hard work :biggrin:

I'd say roughly your bmi is about 16 which could be considered underweight.
To be honest bmi results give you a good indication as to where you are weight wise but truthfully I don't think they give you an accurate description for your health or fitness. For example someone who is incredibly fit with a high muscle mass could get a bmi telling them that they are overweight. And a very slim person could get an underweight bmi but be very fit and healthy.
Go with how you feel. If you feel underweight then try putting some more weight on. If you feel fine then stay as you are

:smile:

I have been suffering from anorexia, slowly on the mend...but its difficult, and the reason as to why I got myself into this state in the first instance is complex.

However having been 6 stone 10 for quite a while, Im now 8 stone....and yes I know it sounds stupid, but Im panicking about it, the mind of an anorexic is a complex one :p: and I definitely have some body dysmorphism to boot.

So do you reckon 8 stone is still too light? I have had to work hard to get from 6st10 to this point, fighting the urge to want to lose...but I want to look good, not dead...

From a recovering anorexic, i understand your situation, im nearly 6foot 1. your thinking 8stone is heavy, thats what i did when i was in your situation, its only once you have recovered and look back at what you once were that i realised how silly i'd been. your doing very well, my best advice to you is probably going to sound slightly odd, but from my personal experience dont look/ post things on forums about it, it will stress you out more. my best advice will be keep up the good work in gaining more weight, as 8stone is far far to light and unhealthy. Good Luck you've done so well!
No, I would say its better than me, as in its healthier :smile:

Male or female?
Anyway, there is one thing I can say for either gender. SOMEONE GET IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE THIS PERSON A BURGER!

I am a 5'7 male and weigh pretty much bang on 10 stone with a 31' waist. This is the recommended healthy weight for me. Then again, no matter how much I eat, I gain nothing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31

A little light for your height but nothing a good scran wont fix!
(edited 10 years ago)
Great job for gaining, it must be awfully hard to keep your mind on track but don't give up! You're still on the lighter side, try get up to 10 stone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
way too skinny... starving yourself actually alters the way your brain etc function, leaving you obsessive, anxious, depressed, overly rigid, black+white thinking, obsessed with food - to get yourself back to normal and repair the damage you've done and give you a chance to get back to normal thinking (rather than living your whole life with a voice in your head telling you you're eating too much) you need to gain to a BMI of 20 at least which is 10st, although the weight you personally should be depends on your genetics, look at your parents/sisters/cousins and their weight, and your weight prior to your ED (unless you were a child when it started i.e. under 18) - you wont gain 'too much' EVER, your body will stop you when it's done and if you gain past your natural weight once you start eating normally again you will drop back down, I've gained to a BMI of around 24-25 (although I'm the same size as I was at 21 measurements wise) and I promise gaining more only made me happier as it stopped all the craziness going on in my head...

also I know how hard it is to gain that much having done it myself, it's a MASSIVE change to adjust to, but I promise it's worth it :smile:
Well done on getting so far with your illness, it is good to see you back on the right track :smile:

8st is a lot healthier than 6st10, but I would still say you need at least another stone and a half at least to be healthy.

Best of luck :smile:

IQ x

Quick Reply

Latest