The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have between 6-12 quid left after accommodation. Hoping I end up getting a cheaper accommodation so i have more money.
I'll have £49 a week after rent. All of which has to go on food, toiletries etc
Reply 42
taking away the money for my accomodation from my grants a loans only i end up with 3197.2 for the year. so assuming 37 weeks im at uni thats ~£86 each week :smile:
Reply 43
i have no idea how much im getting yet as SFE are messing everything up.
any1 else going huddersfield and staying at storthes?
Reply 44
I have no maintenance loan after my accomodation so my parents are giving me about £350-400 a month I think.
So i'm going for the £80-99 bracket.
Reply 45
tarwe
the size of my wardrobe will get hugee!

lol you are lucky to have so much disposable income for clothes etc. I only wish I had, haha :cool:
£50 a week I think as I'm relying on my parents...
I'm envious of people on here having £100 or more to spend each week... :{
Not sure what my rent will be yet..but if i make an estimate i'll have about 110 per week for food, clothes, books, stationery, travel, clothes, and other necessities.. should be ok :smile:
Is it safe to assume that everyone has factored in the "basics" ranges of foods from the local supermarkets.
Also thanks to being brought up in Poverty and UCLs amazing bursary, roughly £200 per week to live on. I think i'll save money, a lot of money.

Still will be nice though :smile:
I live at home however my student loan goes into an account i cant touch. Means I have around £170 a week to spend but have to take petrol money etc out of that!
Reply 51
I lived on around £60 last year and that included £20 train fare every weekend as my granddad was very ill. This year I'm going to get around £90 as my rent is cheaper, plus I won't be going home as often. I'm hoping to save some of it this year, it sure didn't happen last year!
between £80 a week and £120 depending on which accomadation i get, i think. Trying to work out ingoing/outgoing money...
£80-99 for the first week, because I'm using some money to buy stuff for uni, after that, somewhere £100+. That's including food, travel, phone, gym membership etc though
Reply 54
Flajamafloffl
Also thanks to being brought up in Poverty and UCLs amazing bursary, roughly £200 per week to live on. I think i'll save money, a lot of money.

Still will be nice though :smile:

This!!

Assuming accommodation is £120 a week for 37 weeks, that will be £4,440.

£11,156 minus accommodation costs, all over 52 is £129 a week :eek:

Did not realise I had so much... planning on getting a job as well so that could be around £179 a week approx. No way am I going spend that much. I will probably budget around £60 I think :smile:

Edit: actually, I'll be spending a lot less when at home so can probably spend more per week at uni if I want to. Not that I will :p:
My student loan/grant figures haven't yet been finalised but from wages alone, I should have around £120 a week coming in.

My rent is £64 a week
Mobile and internet is £10 a week

I don't drink or go clubbing so won't be spending loads but I do LOVE my gadgets and travelling so I can see where I may fall down on that.
Reply 56
My living is for 42 weeks (September to July), but it seems like everyone else has much less! if I stay for 42 weeks then I have £43 a week, but if I only stay for 37 weeks (as everyone says) then I have £49 a week!
(Plus I have 5K stashed away to dip into with 3K due to come out of a high yield bond next year!)
For a normal week I'm going to have about £95-£100, and as I'm catered that's not going to include food (except little bits I want etc).

So it should be fine :smile:
depends how many years i want my savings to last. i'll aim for ~£50 a week
If i only go on my loan, i'd only have £10 a week :/. i dont know what im going to do if i cant get a job.

Latest

Trending

Trending