The Student Room Group

How do Uni's check a level results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
From speaking to countless universities and to UCAS last year when I applied lol.
Reply 21
thomas201989
No my a-level results are 4 years old so UCAS won't submit anything to the university other than the grades I have entered myself.

The question still stands....do universities check a-level results using a database?

If you already have your A level certificates from 4 years ago, shouldn't your offer be unconditional already?
Reply 22
VeeBelle
Fab.
:rolleyes:

Precisely what I was thinking :wink:
Reply 23
yeah and iv already got (and i do mean to brag) a 1st in architecture.......its hypothetical
Reply 24
thomas201989
And how do you know this? (by the way brilliantly consice and accurate answer)

That's exactly what I told you in just a concise form by quoting from the UCAS website.

If they ask for certificates when giving an offer you send the certificates to them. If you send originals then make sure it's recorded delivery. Otherwise present them when registering. Simples.

It's unlikely there's this huuuge database containing the A-level (BTEC, Scottish Highers...) results of every single person over the past 10/20/30/40 years. It's just common sense.

thomas201989
yeah and iv already got (and i do mean to brag) a 1st in architecture.......its hypothetical

I'm sure you do mean to brag so it's good you admit it. You could just say you already have a degree. I don't see why the classification is revelant....

What does iv stand for?
Lucyyy
"The current status of your application is:

Congratulations! Your place at (your unversity) to study (your subject) has been confirmed.

You will receive a Confirmation Letter shortly."

You're getting me all excited now!
thomas201989
No my a-level results are 4 years old so UCAS won't submit anything to the university other than the grades I have entered myself.

The question still stands....do universities check a-level results using a database?

Well the university will decline you on results day if you haven't proven your results by then. All unis will ask to see your certificates.
cje10
Nobody has answered your question because you keep changing it.
Why does this matter? Unless you are planning on doing something wrong, like lying about your results. The only thing people need to know, is that examination boards send the grades to UCAS, UCAS to uni = decision is then made. Simples.

I entered all my AS exams as pending for june although I did some in jan...they're still gonna receive all of them though, right?
Roobagnall
Well the university will decline you on results day if you haven't proven your results by then. All unis will ask to see your certificates.

What! My firm has NOT asked for any evidence of my previous A Levels at all yet! I took my A Levels 3 years ago apart from an AS Level I am doing this year... it does not state anywhere on my offer I need to prove my A Levels but obviously I can if they ask. :confused:
Reply 29
jgreen
Just commented because I'm angry about your apostrophe. It was painful.

Sybella
the check belonging to the Uni. Indeed.

I think this one is debatable. As unis is shortened from universities the apostrophe could be standing in for the omitted letters, at with it's, you're, etc.

OP, I thought UCAS told them.
Reply 30
Sybella
the check belonging to the Uni. Indeed.

The question was "How do universities check A Level results?"

If the check was possessive it would have to be worded "How are university's checks on A levels carried out?"

Which is just silly.
Reply 31
The_Timepasser
I entered all my AS exams as pending for june although I did some in jan...they're still gonna receive all of them though, right?

Yeah, they will. Most people that retake AS exams put their grades as pending for June - because, if you do the exam in January but decide to retake it again in June, it makes sense to put June as pending because this is, ultimately, your final grade in the exam.
Reply 32
River85

What does iv stand for?

Brilliant, :biggrin:
so how many people get track updates before results day?
the unis get results 4rm lyk a week b4 results day to decide on whether to make an offer or not which ithink is fair bcoz its beta than them making random offers on the morning of exams
jgreen
Just commented because I'm angry about your apostrophe. It was painful.

:shock: The OP made a mistake, shoot him now :rolleyes:
Reply 36
VeeBelle
Fab.
:rolleyes:

G93
Precisely what I was thinking :wink:

Nee-naw, nee-naw, nee-naw - Ohshiz, it's the Pointless Grammar Police, get out of the way, they just grasp the concepts of apostrophes! They'll post stuff that isn't entirely helpful to the thread! :woo:

My advice - Chill. You know apostrophes can be used in place of missing letters, right? Like Can't, Shouldn't, Won't, etc. I think "Unis/Uni's" is missing 8 letters from the original "Universities" - then again, I'm not part of the grammar police so I wouldn't know nor strictly care. It's not worth nerd-raging over. This is the internet "whr ppl tlk liek diz bcoz" and you're picking at your apostrophes. Good to see you doing something in your spare time :smile:

Anyway back to my main reason for posting:

aprilterri
What uni was that?

Aberdeen University. The admissions team there are pretty amazing.

I remember hearing somewhere that they kept your exam results as paper copies in the basement of some government building. Seeing as this thread is about "Can Universities check your results", would someone here know if this was true or not?
Reply 37
Sybella
Nee-naw, nee-naw, nee-naw - Ohshiz, it's the Pointless Grammar Police, get out of the way, they just grasp the concepts of apostrophes! They'll post stuff that isn't entirely helpful to the thread! :woo:

Tbh, I normally wouldn't even have said anything in the first place, if it wasn't for the fact that you did the same to the OP earlier. I don't think our joke was about you putting "uni's", it was that you corrected the OP for putting it, and then said it yourself.
aprilterri
If I were you I'd call the exam board (or the college) and try to request one. You may need it in the future even if you don't need it now.

Cheers, I think I'll do that.
Reply 39
G93
Tbh, I normally wouldn't even have said anything in the first place, if it wasn't for the fact that you did the same to the OP earlier. I don't think our joke was about you putting "uni's", it was that you corrected the OP for putting it, and then said it yourself.

Where was I correcting the OP?

Originally I thought it was a really badly worded title using the posessive. When I clicked further, I realised that it actually wasn't and it actually made sense. jgreen posted in annoyance because "the apostrophe was painful" when I thought he meant the same thing. "the check belonging to the Uni. Indeed." was in reference to jgreen - NOT the OP! It's my bad for not making it clear enough, I suppose.

If you did think I was correcting the OP, then yeah I can see the irony and pointing it out as justified - except I wasn't correcting nor even referring to him in the first place. Ultimately I was trying to be helpful by sharing my experience and not poke fun at anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending