The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
On that page go to the Campus Block Halls underneath the Student Insurance tab. Then click on the University of Birmingham. Then click on the quote button next to "I am a student living in university accommodation". Then fill in the details. And follow the instructions.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
marmitebagel
On that page go to the Campus Block Halls underneath the Student Insurance tab. Then click on the University of Birmingham. Then click on the quote button next to "I am a student living in university accommodation". Then fill in the details. And follow the instructions.

So do i have to pay the £16.00 for insurance - for some reason i thought that it was included. :confused:
Meercat86
So do i have to pay the £16.00 for insurance - for some reason i thought that it was included. :confused:

Nope you should pay 3 for policy fee. Did u not recieve an insurance leaflet? At the bottom of the insurance leaflet is a code which you need to type in when you enter your Postcode right at the begining. The scheme code is specifically for the uni of birmingham.
Reply 4
marmitebagel
Nope you should pay 3 for policy fee. Did u not recieve an insurance leaflet? At the bottom of the insurance leaflet is a code which you need to type in when you enter your Postcode right at the begining. The scheme code is specifically for the uni of birmingham.

For some reason i didn't get the insurance leaflet - that's probobly why i'm getting the quote as £16. I'll have to ring them up tomorrow and see if i can get the code

Thanks
do we have to sign up for the insurance? are we not covered already? im confused, i thought it was just the optionals we had to pay for.
Lauren Hart
do we have to sign up for the insurance? are we not covered already? im confused, i thought it was just the optionals we had to pay for.

In order to accept the insurance you have to either fill out the form attached to the leaflet or complete a form online.
ah, i see, they dont make these things clear do they?
Reply 8
You do not pay the £3.00. It is only admin if you want extra cover - or so I was told by Saxon on the phone yesterday.
Might be able to help here.

If you do it online, you click the Birmingham link and then the "I am a student living in university accommodation" thingum. You enter the postcode of your accomodation, and "SSB2518" (I phoned up to get this code) in the code thingy box (which gives you everything you're entitled to). You then continue, fill in details, enter laptop/computer details and away you go.. shouldn't need to pay anything. However, I chose to have Legal Expenses at £6.50... and then the extra three quid comes in, but still a bargain really.

Hope that helps, get in touch if it doesn't.

Steven.
Reply 10
So if you don't have a laptop/palmtop you don't need to do anything? Because i don't want any additional cover on anything and it still quotes £3.00. However when i try to "buy now" it tells me i need to select at least one cover item.
When I click on "Buy now", nothing happens.
Reply 12
Meercat86
So if you don't have a laptop/palmtop you don't need to do anything? Because i don't want any additional cover on anything and it still quotes £3.00. However when i try to "buy now" it tells me i need to select at least one cover item.

That's what I understand. The leaflet is not very clear on the £3 admin charge, and the website difficult to navigate. Couldn't be asked so I just phoned them direct.

I returned my leaflet without the additional £3.00 and have therefore activated my insurance according to their advisor.
Whenever i click on the university of bham, it comes up with page cannot be displayed. i thought that laptops came as part of the price to, no? I really think they should have made this clearer.
im confused.

i havent done anthing to my insurance. does that mean im not covered???
im trying to sort mine out now, but it doesnt make sense charging 3.00 for a free choice? i dont understand!
agh, i paid the £3 anyway
Is the £3 (which you need to pay if you're doing the laptop cover, despite it being free?!) just a one off per annum cost?
Reply 18
I'm annoyed by the fact that I hit Buy now and it just takes me in circles. :frown:
Reply 19
I've given up on the insurance. I think i will wait until Monday and then give them a ring to sort it out.

Latest

Trending

Trending