The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm confused by your first sentence. You asked do you have to show grades, but then seem to want to show them...

On the UCAS form, you fill in the overall AS grade, with the option to fill in the grade you got for each individual module. There is no space for you to include what you got in modules you've resat to show how you've improved, only to give the grade you were awarded (which will be the highest out of any resits you've done).

You have to show your AS grades (if they have been cashed in) but if there are some modules that have a grade you'd rather not declare, then you should decide whether to show them all or show none. If you have A grade in maths and chemistry, and include the scores you got for maths, but not chemistry, it suggests that the scores you got for chemistry aren't worth including. That's the advice we were given anyway. For example, I opted to show all my scores, to show that my Bs were ever so shy of As, but at the same time it showed that with the As I did have, there were some unsightly scores too.

You should expect to be delaring your overall grades for all the subjects you did
Reply 2
I'm not sure, but I believe it has something to do with whether your Sixth Form cashes in your AS grades.
PythagorasChest
If you were to get lower AS results than you would like, do you HAVE to show what grades you got or can you just show the final grades you achieved? And if you were to show which grades you got at each resit is there a place on UCAS to show this?

You have to declare all AS levels that are certified (or cashed in) by your school. This mean that you have a total mark for your AS as well as individual module marks. If your school does not certify your AS levels then you have to put the result as pending. You don't put in resit results as such, but its optional to put in your module grades which would be your best grade in each module (again, so long as the result is certified).

So in answer to your question - if you don't want the universities to know your grades then persuade your school not to certify your AS level, if they do that. Some do and some don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending