The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Kiwiguy
Maybe. But it shows that Muhammid Im a Dinner Jacket has shown that he has no qualms about using nuclear weapons to attack his enemies. That is a worry. Especially when he IS trying to get such weapons.

No, Iranians should just live with 60 Israeli nuclear weapons pointed at all their built-up areas and should never be in a position to keep Israel's free reign in the Middle East in check.

Answer me this, do you really think Iran would attack Israel? When Israel's armed forces would obliterate Iran a hundred times over? Israel's allies love to make Iran seem like a monster, but look at it's military capability in reality... even if it were to develop a nuclear weapon, in the time it takes Israel could multiply its own illegal arsenal a hundred times over.

Then let's look at which countries Iran has invaded in the last few centuries... hmm. How many cases of genocide and ethnic cleansing, war crimes and massacring is Iran seriously accused of?

Now ask those questions of Israel. :rolleyes:

Which country do you find the bigger thread to peace?

(Obviously Iran OMGzzz 'I'm a dinner jacket' is developing a nuclear weapon what will we do?!?!!1111). :rolleyes:

Reply 41
x_muneeb_x
All you people who are sitting on your computers in some place in europe not knowing the ground realities of things are quick to critisize the people...I am from Pakistan, i am here in Pakistan right now helping with the rescue efforts raising funds and money from people and you know what the people of this country and the so called terrorists are actually doing more then the west or the ****** government of Pakistan itself.
Most of the people you call Terrorists have no link with the taliban and Al-Qaeeda but India "accuses" them of having a relationship just like the west "accuses" the pakistani ISI of having a relationship.these "accused" terrorists are saving atleast one million lives at this time and that to me is not terrorism but altruism.

And there is the point KiwiGuy has made.
Months, years down the line this will be remembered by the people of Pakistan. It is causing a greater divide between the people and the government.

Just because the terrorists in Pakistan have 'no links with Taliban and/or Al-quaeeda' does not mean that they are not terrorists.

The article states, and I quote:

Falah-e-Insaniyat is the charity wing and the latest front for Lashkar-e-Taiba

Lashkar is a terrorist organisation.
Reply 42
booraad
CHARSADDA, Pakistan As public anger rises over the government’s slow and chaotic response to Pakistan’s worst flooding in 80 years, hard-line Islamic charities have stepped into the breach with a grass-roots efficiency that is earning them new support among Pakistan’s beleaguered masses.

In just two districts in this part of the northwest, three Islamic charities have provided shelter to thousands, collected tens of thousands in donations and served about 25,000 hot meals a day a since last Saturday six full days before the government delivered cooked food.

“The West says we are terrorists and intolerant, but in time of need, we’re the ones serving the people,” said Maulana Yousaf Shah, the provincial leader of one of the groups, Jamiat-ulema-e-Islam.

Mian Adil, the vice chairman of another group, Falah-e-Insaniyat, said the aid he distributed at a center in one of the districts, Nowshera, came with a message attached “not to trust the government” and its Western allies.

Falah-e-Insaniyat is the charity wing and the latest front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa is the political arm of Lashkar, which the United Nations has listed as a terrorist group. Under pressure since the Mumbai attacks, Jamaat-ud-Dawa had lowered its profile. But now, at least one of its relief centers in Mianwali, in Punjab, boldly flies its trademark flag, displaying a black sword.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/world/asia/07pstan.html?_r=2&hp

What are your reactions to this? Do you believe that such help is much needed and demonstrates that these fundamentalist groups simply care about people in the area and that the lack of government help is proof that their cause is right?

Or do you think that such help is provided as part of a campaign to win the hearts of people in that area and foster mistrust of the Pakistan government and their allies?

No one has asked this yet but what on Earth is a "hard-line" Islamic charity?
Reply 43
Kiwiguy
You totally missed the point mate.

In months to come, people will remember that the hardliners were there for them, whilst the government wasn't.

So when the hardliners demand a coup, and want to establish a more militant government, who do you think that the people will support?!

Come on dude, keep up.

I think the people will appreciate the Military help more that what a dozen volunteers are doing

also with a scale of this disaster you cant expect a 3rd world government to help everyone , its not like Volunteers are helping everyone there helping a few people

and People will not forget about The huge number of Suicide boms just because of some aid
Reply 44
DJkG.1
No, Iranians should just live with 60 Israeli nuclear weapons pointed at all their built-up areas and should never be in a position to keep Israel's free reign in the Middle East in check.

Answer me this, do you really think Iran would attack Israel? When Israel's armed forces would obliterate Iran a hundred times over? Israel's allies love to make Iran seem like a monster, but look at it's military capability in reality... even if it were to develop a nuclear weapon, in the time it takes Israel could multiply its own illegal arsenal a hundred times over.

Then let's look at which countries Iran has invaded in the last few centuries... hmm. How many cases of genocide and ethnic cleansing, war crimes and massacring is Iran seriously accused of?

Now ask those questions of Israel.

(Obviously Iran OMGzzz 'I'm a dinner jacket' is developing a nuclear weapon what will we do?!?!!1111). :rolleyes:

Could you answer me this, it is a completely hypothetical situation but it would be interesting to know your opinion.
If, militarily, Iran was in the position of Israel, what would they be doing?
Reply 45
Meus

booraad

Falah-e-Insaniyat is the charity wing and the latest front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group behind the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/world/asia/07pstan.html?_r=2&hp

Both those Charities are the same

Jud has now been Nationalised its run by a State Minister

Jan 25 2009: The government of Punjab took control of the headquarters of the banned Jamaatud Dawa on Sunday and appointed an administrator, who would also oversee its various organisations, including charity hospitals, seminaries and other educational institutions, and agricultural projects.

http://www.dawn.com/2009/01/26/top1.htm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7786495.stm

Hundreds of members of Pakistan's Hindu community have turned out to protest on behalf of a Muslim charity accused by India over the deadly Mumbai attacks.
The protesters in the city of Hyderabad in Sindh province complained that Jamaat-ud-Dawa was not a terrorist organisation and should not be banned

so they are not Terrorist Charities , Media is scaremongering again

Why would a Terrorist Help Hindus ? and run school and Hospitals ? the Charities are opposed to Pakistan Taliban so there is no real risk of an increase in support for Pak Taliban and a Coup not least because Pak Taliban version of Islam is very unpopular the Taliban in Pakistan can only hit and run they cant defeat the Pakistan Army unlike in Afghanistan were they control large areas of land

Reply 46
DJkG.1

Now ask those questions of Israel.

Difference is, Israel wouldn't just randomly use them because of racial prejudges.

I think that there are hardliners in the Iran military who would love nothing more than to attack Israel.

Now, as you love to point out, Personally, im not really a fan of either the Palestinians or the Israeli's. I think that they brought their stupid little wars upon themselves, and they fully deserve what they get from each other.

As for Iran, I just would prefer it if a government as unstable as the Iranians couldn't get access to nuclear material. i think the same of North Korea. Now you are going to tell me that im Asian racist too. :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Meus

Charities that are formed, and supported by known terrorist organisations.

Falah-e-Insaniyat is the charity wing and the latest front for Lashkar-e-Taiba

Lashkar-e-Taiba
Reply 48
James10000

Both those Charities are the same

Jud has now been Nationalised its run by a State Minister

http://www.dawn.com/2009/01/26/top1.htm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7786495.stm

Hundreds of members of Pakistan's Hindu community have turned out to protest on behalf of a Muslim charity accused by India over the deadly Mumbai attacks.
The protesters in the city of Hyderabad in Sindh province complained that Jamaat-ud-Dawa was not a terrorist organisation and should not be banned

so they are not Terrorist Charities

Are you actually that short-sighted???

You do realise that this exactly proves the point that people on this thread have repeatedly made - these organisations have helped these people in the past, and this is the rewards that they reap.
TI-84
And there is the point KiwiGuy has made.
Months, years down the line this will be remembered by the people of Pakistan. It is causing a greater divide between the people and the government.

Just because the terrorists in Pakistan have 'no links with Taliban and/or Al-quaeeda' does not mean that they are not terrorists.

The article states, and I quote:

Lashkar is a terrorist organisation.

do you know what falah-e-insaniat means?

Good deeds for humanity

i dont think u guys are realizing how serious the situation is,its easy to sit in fnt of your computer and critisize them when but when u see those people up in front of you as i did you have to give credit to them and btw the biggest contributer is jamat-ud-dawa and its charity organizations dont just stick to the narrow minds of the editor and jamat ud dawa is "accused" of terrorism by India while it has won its appeal IN THE PAKISTANI SUPREME COURT against all terrorism charges.The CJP released him.
Reply 50
James10000
I think the people will appreciate the Military help more that what a dozen volunteers are doing

also with a scale of this disaster you cant expect a 3rd world government to help everyone , its not like Volunteers are helping everyone there helping a few people

and People will not forget about The huge number of Suicide boms just because of some aid

Newsnight said not long ago that the government aid is yet to arrive.

And you say that, but look at our effort against the Taliban, (DJkG.1 will tell you that they are noble freedom fighters no doubt) and we are trying to do the exact same thing as the Lashkar - e taiba, Win over hearts and minds with aid and help.

Huge number of suicide bombs? UN report says the Taliban are responsible for 75% of civilian deaths in afghan, yet some still support them.
Reply 51
TI-84
Are you actually that short-sighted???

You do realise that this exactly proves the point that people on this thread have repeatedly made - these organisations have helped these people in the past, and this is the rewards that they reap.

Except there not Terrorist...

Why would a Terrorist Help Hindus ? and run school and Hospitals ? the Charities are opposed to Pakistan Taliban so there is no real risk of an increase in support for Pak Taliban and a Coup not least because Pak Taliban version of Islam is very unpopular

B) there no longer Terrorist as the Government has now Taken the Charity over
Reply 52
TI-84
Could you answer me this, it is a completely hypothetical situation but it would be interesting to know your opinion.
If, militarily, Iran was in the position of Israel, what would they be doing?

You need to be more specific.

If Iran always had the military capability and was free of a Western puppet government from the 1920s, I doubt Israel would even exist.

If this is the case from 1948, I'd guess that there would be a Palestinian State and Israel would not have been allowed to annex all the land it has (and continues to).

If this becomes the case now or in the near future, I suppose Israel will go around powerful nations and try and get itself into strong alliances with even greater urgency than it is now:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-israel-has-crept-into-the-eu-without-anyone-noticing-2040066.html

I doubt there would be all-out war, due to vast nuclear capabilities and MAD. Israel isn't in the business of war any more, it basically massacres and bombards peoples and territories which cannot defend themselves and cannot fight back, with US-made weaponry or European technology paid for by the Americans.

I think that would stop, maybe a retreat to the pre-1967 borders if a more sensible Israeli government stepped into office perhaps.

Counterfactual hypotheses are always impossible to say one way or the other. :dontknow:
Reply 53
x_muneeb_x
do you know what falah-e-insaniat means?

Good deeds for humanity

i dont think u guys are realizing how serious the situation is,its easy to sit in fnt of your computer and critisize them when but when u see those people up in front of you as i did you have to give credit to them and btw the biggest contributer is jamat-ud-dawa and its charity organizations dont just stick to the narrow minds of the editor and jamat ud dawa is "accused" of terrorism by India while it has won its appeal IN THE PAKISTANI SUPREME COURT against all terrorism charges.The CJP released him.

I can make a organisation called 'happy kittens' and still do bad things, the name proves nothing.
And in my eyes, neither does the appeal in the Pakistani Supreme court, but that is another matter.
Once again, I wish the aid worker's from the Pakistani government & other organisations well in their task.
As you said you are helping people in Pakistan from there, it must be amazing how you have an internet connection in an area that has just been hit so badly, and you are awake at 4:30am!
Reply 54
Kiwiguy

And you say that, but look at our effort against the Taliban, (DJkG.1 will tell you that they are noble freedom fighters no doubt) and we are trying to do the exact same thing as the Lashkar - e taiba, Win over hearts and minds with aid and help.

Huge number of suicide bombs? UN report says the Taliban are responsible for 75% of civilian deaths in afghan, yet some still support them.

The Aid has arrived ive seen on the News maybe the rain have stopped it now

Thats Afganistan, not Pakistan

Afganistan is different

The Taliban have support in Afghanistan because there are seen as fighting Foreign Forces and NATO kills an equal number of civilians these factors do not exist in Pakistan
Reply 55
Kiwiguy
Now, as you love to point out, Personally, im not really a fan of either the Palestinians or the Israeli's. I think that they brought their stupid little wars upon themselves, and they fully deserve what they get from each other.

Typical response, when caught out about something, from somebody who knows nothing of the conflict but will never remain silent with his emphatic opinion, no matter how ill-thought. :p:

Kiwiguy

Run out of arguments so you'll just resort to slanderous lies. :rolleyes:

Bit pathetic no?
OMGWTFBBQ
And are we not over there doing the same thing? We are also trying to win them over and we are also trying to help these victims.

It's a bit of a non-story really.

This
This is why I will not be donating.
Reply 58
DJkG.1
Typical response, when caught out about something, from somebody who knows nothing of the conflict but will never remain silent with his emphatic opinion, no matter how ill-thought. :p:

Run out of arguments so you'll just resort to slanderous lies. :rolleyes:

Bit pathetic no?

Sorry, i didn't realize that we had Mr expect, as always in the house.

However, i know quite a bit about the conflict.

Not only that, but you seem to bring up my disregard for two silly little groups of people determined to kill each other, then parade me around as the next Adolf Hitler. Now that is pathetic.

Shall we just agree to disagree? Im off to bed anyway, im off to play with my gf tomorrow. But you have fun sitting on here all night, putting the world to rights....
Reply 59
James10000
The Aid has arrived ive seen on the News maybe the rain have stopped it now

Thats Afganistan, not Pakistan

Afganistan is different

The Taliban have support in Afghanistan because there are seen as fighting Foreign Forces and NATO kills an equal number of civilians these factors do not exist in Pakistan

How does 75% and 75% make 100%?! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending