The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Peteo
Depends greatly on the location I think from what i've been told. For example in London they're generally more expensive as they have their "London allowance" just like other jobs :yep: Also depends on the quality I think and other factors such as how many warts, STIs and when they last had a wash.

Lol i'm not actually sure, perhaps someone could help this guy out and give him a "menu":rolleyes:

Gross.
Reply 61
lovely_me
I don't think I could enjoy sex with the knowledge the other party is only there for financial reasons.

I think it is different for men and for women. Its a different experience and I think a more enjoyable one.
Reply 62
Peteo
Ok so me and my friend were discussing this.

If a person cannot get sex through a relationship and really wants it, especially no strings attached which do you consider best for him to do? Meets a girl at a party use her for sex, has little contact with after,as he does not want a relationship or uses a prostitute.

On one hand he probably would hurt that girl the next day and she would be more emotionally scarred, wheras the if he used a prostitute there's the obvious stigma, and may be fuelling drug habbits etc.

What do you think he should do?

Please note this is NOT my situation, just what me and my friend were discussing!!!

To clarify he is NOT in a relationship? it wasn't clear whether you meant he couldn't get it and he is in a relationship; implying his girlfriend won't sleep with him. Or that he can't get it because he isn't in a relationship.
I think its okay to have a one night stand provided you both agree to it, sure it may be the case that one person regrets it, or both even, but there's no blame assigned.
Sleeping with a prostitute is rather more problematic, firstly its illegal to pay for sex if the prostitute works for a pimp. Secondly you could very easily get a sexual disease. Thirdly, like you said its often the case that you may be encouraging a poor lifestyle, although if thats the case then its not really your fault.
All in all the former situation is more preferable.
I think he should have a one night stand. :shock:
If she gets emotionally scarred then well she learnt her lesson. (Harsh I know)
The guy should look out for his interests. If he's that desperate for sex he's not thinking of
anyone else: the state, the women etc. He shouldn't spend money when he doesn't need it for a couple of STIs.
Reply 64
janine:)
Prostitute. What kind of person has to pay for no-strings sex. Besides, a lot of girls like one night stands, despite the obvious stigma of them.

Sorry to ask this, but were you given an offer from Cambridge for Law of A*A*AA?

And then you rejected it and have 2 AAA offers as your firm and insurance?
Reply 65
HEJ92
I was talking about girlfriends, if you're technically bribing your girlfriend to sleep with you it's a waste of money

Oh ok, that makes sense then. Yeah, if your girlfriend doesn't really want to spend time with you and just wants your money, you might as well just sleep with a prostitute instead.
Reply 66
Prostitute. What kind of person has to pay for no-strings sex. Besides, a lot of girls like one night stands, despite the obvious stigma of them.

You're really ignorant if you can't understand why a prostitute may be preferable to trying to get a random girl to have no strings sex.
Reply 67
Mann18
Sorry to ask this, but were you given an offer from Cambridge for Law of A*A*AA?

And then you rejected it and have 2 AAA offers as your firm and insurance?

Yep. Decided Cambridge definitely wasn't for me when I visited the 2nd time.
Reply 68
Yep. Decided Cambridge definitely wasn't for me when I visited the 2nd time.

You badass.
Reply 69
GorGor
You're really ignorant if you can't understand why a prostitute may be preferable to trying to get a random girl to have no strings sex.

No, I understand, I just think it's demoralising. Also, think about it, guy 1: goes out, uses a girl for a one night stand/use girls for one night stands. Guy 2: goes out and pays for prostitutes because be doesn't want to go out and try to pull. I'd have a lower opinion of the second. But, maybe that's just me.
Reply 70
According to my unofficial tourist guide for Amsterdam, it's around 50 euros for the romantically phrased "suck and ****"

I personally think brothels should be legalised. There's tons of benefits for the prostitutes in Amsterdam, and legalising it would presumably make it easier to control and prevent abuse of immigrants (although only 2% of prostitutes in Amsterdam are Dutch)
Reply 71
No, I understand, I just think it's demoralising. Also, think about it, guy 1: goes out, uses a girl for a one night stand/use girls for one night stands. Guy 2: goes out and pays for prostitutes because be doesn't want to go out and try to pull. I'd have a lower opinion of the second. But, maybe that's just me.

Going out and pulling is a lot of effort without a gauranteed result. Going to a brothel is a gauranteed result and you can choose the girl you find the most attractive.

Secondly sex with a prostitute is a different experience to sex with a girl you have pulled.

Sometimes men crave sex on nights and at times when they can;t just go out and pull.

Also you have to consider some men don't have the looks or charisma to pull girls and going out to be rejected is more demoralising than sex with a prostitute.

Regardless I am sure the punters last thought is your opinion of them.
Reply 72
MaddyGee
According to my unofficial tourist guide for Amsterdam, it's around 50 euros for the romantically phrased "suck and ****"

I personally think brothels should be legalised. There's tons of benefits for the prostitutes in Amsterdam, and legalising it would presumably make it easier to control and prevent abuse of immigrants (although only 2% of prostitutes in Amsterdam are Dutch)

Yeh its 50 for a suck and **** in Amsterdam.

Feminists don't want prostitution legalised because it would hurt the control women have over men using relationships.
Reply 73
GorGor
Yeh its 50 for a suck and **** in Amsterdam.

Feminists don't want prostitution legalised because it would hurt the control women have over men using relationships.

LOL true, but on the other hand feminists could argue that legalising prostitution would empower women in some way (ie, it's up to them what they do with their bodies) and it gets them away from pimps, which I imagine are predominately male. Pimps are the problem, imo.

You seem certain of the price; were you a customer? :sexface:
LOL at the stupidity
Reply 75
GorGor
Going out and pulling is a lot of effort without a gauranteed result. Going to a brothel is a gauranteed result and you can choose the girl you find the most attractive.

Secondly sex with a prostitute is a different experience to sex with a girl you have pulled.

Sometimes men crave sex on nights and at times when they can;t just go out and pull.

Also you have to consider some men don't have the looks or charisma to pull girls and going out to be rejected is more demoralising than sex with a prostitute.

Regardless I am sure the punters last thought is your opinion of them.

'Men' as you put them, should be able to control their cravings, then. To be honest, your only arguments towards them going to prostitutes are that they'll be rejected because they don't have looks/charisma. Isn't it, surely, a better idea for them to either lower their expectations of women, which would have been built up because of prostitutes, or try to become more outgoing or charismatic?

Is a man supposed to spend their whole life without any relationships and relying on all of their sexual needs by paying for them, because 'to be rejected is more demoralising than sex with a prostitute'?

If a man's having sex with prostitutes because he prefers their sex, as they've had so much more experience, and he can't find non-hooker girls that measure up, fair enough.
Reply 76
Using someone is worse imo. But actually using them, not just having a one night stand like you described in the OP.
Reply 77
MaddyGee
LOL true, but on the other hand feminists could argue that legalising prostitution would empower women in some way (ie, it's up to them what they do with their bodies) and it gets them away from pimps, which I imagine are predominately male. Pimps are the problem, imo.

You seem certain of the price; were you a customer? :sexface:

Unfuortunately I was there with a girl. If I was with just guys.... I'd defiently would of.

Feminists pretend that they care about the girls lives but they are more concenred with limiting mens opportunities to use prostitutes. Presumably so women can continue controlling men with relationships.
Reply 78
prostitute is obviously worse
Reply 79
'Men' as you put them, should be able to control their cravings, then. To be honest, your only arguments towards them going to prostitutes are that they'll be rejected because they don't have looks/charisma. Isn't it, surely, a better idea for them to either lower their expectations of women, which would have been built up because of prostitutes, or try to become more outgoing or charismatic?

Is a man supposed to spend their whole life without any relationships and relying on all of their sexual needs by paying for them, because 'to be rejected is more demoralising than sex with a prostitute'?

If a man's having sex with prostitutes because he prefers their sex, as they've had so much more experience, and he can't find non-hooker girls that measure up, fair enough.

Why should they. Men enjoy sex and so why not use a prostitute.

No, using a prostitute is an experience. Many men who can get girls like to use them. Perhaps to try a girl of a different race, for a beautiful girl they couldn't pull in reality, for convenience, the list is endless.

Some men are shy, ugly and have a hard time talking to women. They can't just change that easily.
I would rather have my only sex with women being a prostitute than no sex at all.

Many men have sex with prostitues and with normal girls. I have met guys who are real ladies men and they use prostitues.

Lots of men use them behind their wifes back.

Latest

Trending

Trending