The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eyebrow:
Reply 2
I heard newcastle is live, or anywhere in central london
Big cities... Newcastle.. Manchester.. and of course London. But a lot of people love Newcastle.
Reply 4
piss off.
people want to go to university to learn, by applying you're spoiling someones chance of a proper education to go out and get pissed for three years.
do what i'm thinking of doing, get a job.
Reply 5
probably not London tbh. Name another big uni in a big city, and beyond that its a matter of personal bias.
Reply 6
henryviii
piss off.
people want to go to university to learn, by applying you're spoiling someones chance of a proper education to go out and get pissed for three years.

This, exactly. If I missed a place at University because of someone like the OP just wanted to get pissed for 3/4 years. I would not be ******* happy
Reply 7
henryviii
piss off.

What the **** are you on about? If you think that uni is about none stop work for three years, YOU are the one wasting the opportunity. you are just too stupid to realize it.

greenday
i'm not intersted in all this education stuff. Simple question really, what Uni(s) has the best nightlife? From experience and from gossip?

Your helps appreciated dudes and dudettes!!

x

BRISTOL!

Paske
This, exactly. If I missed a place at University because of someone like the OP just wanted to get pissed for 3/4 years. I would not be ******* happy

Omfg. Another one. Wanting a good night life doesnt mean spending three years in a ditch drunk. You fool!
Reply 8
Dundee. Seriously.

Okay, so the local clubs are a tad expensive but the Union is absolutely epic.
Reply 9
Uni, or town/city? Because it's very different.

Having a good SU club is one thing, but having fecking hundreds of clubs and bars on your doorstep is better.
Reply 10
Liverpool
Reply 11
Nottingham
Reply 12
haha cool it dudes it was tongue in cheek.

ive been hearing newcastle a lot, but unfortunately its lightyears away from me as im in brighton. what about manchester? thats probably the furthest ill go. anywhere else? keep the suggestions coming dont be shy!
Reply 13
Kiwiguy
What the **** are you on about? If you think that uni is about none stop work for three years, YOU are the one wasting the opportunity. you are just too stupid to realize it.

Omfg. Another one. Wanting a good night life doesnt mean spending three years in a ditch drunk. You fool!

Glad to see someone has some sense around here. of course im going to study but i want a ****ing good time out too!
Reply 14
After thinking about it someone with the name "greenday" and calling everyone dudes and dudettes wouldn't be going to Newcastle... they would be going to Northumbria Uni... Not going to Manchester, but Manchester Met. There is nothing wrong with these Uni's, but the attitude of people like this is a main contribution to why we have so many ******* people with degrees. They don't care about education and just want to get pissed for 3/4 years straight (well probably 2 years on their course).
greenday
haha cool it dudes it was tongue in cheek.

ive been hearing newcastle a lot, but unfortunately its lightyears away from me as im in brighton. what about manchester? thats probably the furthest ill go. anywhere else? keep the suggestions coming dont be shy!

Manchester's a good night life!
Reply 16
Kiwiguy

He says he doesn't care about education. What is the point in him going to a Uni? Why not just get a flat and an apprenticeship?
Reply 17
cheers lolasaurus. and paske take a chill pill man, im only messing around, brother!
Reply 18
greenday
Glad to see someone has some sense around here. of course im going to study but i want a ****ing good time out too!

doesn't everyone want a good time? You said you didn't care about education.
Reply 19
greenday

Yeah man. Uni should be about the work, but at the same time for me it was all about discovering that you have to do stuff for yourselves, making great mates, and enjoying myself as much as possible.

When i hear these fools who go on about how uni should be non stop work, well i pity the fools. And then they assume that if you want one night a week, you are a "waste." Wtf. Talk about irony. Sitting in your room non stop for three weeks. Now thats a waste.

Latest

Trending

Trending