The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All i received was the enrolment pack, with the college card details, etc.

Then today I received something from Royal Holloway SU about the societies etc.

There is another pack?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Yeah, I received my Student Union pack today. It has info about insurence and stuff on it, as well as a list of clubs and societies,where you can tick what you want to join. There's some forms about donations, employment etc., but I'm not sure if we're supposed to post them back or hand them in when we get there!
Reply 3
I have nothing. Nada. Zip.

The only reason I was able to enrol online was because someone told me the pin format...
Reply 4
All I've received is the enrolment pack, with the college card application form etc. Haven't received anything else.
Reply 5
I got the SU pack about five minutes ago.
Reply 6
All i've got is the enrolment pack as well. Isn't there an accommodation letter everyone has to get too? i don't have that, OR this SU pack. It's getting ridiculous people. Also, i'm moving over from N.I. on wednesday so if these things arrive back here after that, then i'll be arriving with none of it. horrendous.
Reply 7
Janelley
All i've got is the enrolment pack as well. Isn't there an accommodation letter everyone has to get too? i don't have that, OR this SU pack. It's getting ridiculous people. Also, i'm moving over from N.I. on wednesday so if these things arrive back here after that, then i'll be arriving with none of it. horrendous.

I'm in the same situation, I'm moving over from Switzerland on Thursday...if they're sending out stuff this late then they surely can't expect people to get it all before arriving can they?? :confused:
Reply 8
geneva_debs
I'm in the same situation, I'm moving over from Switzerland on Thursday...if they're sending out stuff this late then they surely can't expect people to get it all before arriving can they?? :confused:

Man, and it's not as if they can send it to our address at halls! That is if we've still got the room - haven't officially accepted if we haven't got this stupid letter. I've called them and emailed them but still nothing. it's driving me crazy! I'm in WIL415 provisionally though.
Reply 9
oh...is there a SU pack?? havn't got it...is there anything important we hav to reply enclosed in the pack or is it just about societies?
Reply 10
Got the union pack today! Does it say how much we are expected to donate?
I haven't got it yet...
Reply 12
what the im confused!

i havn't recieved nothing yet!....

1) when does our freshers week start?
2) the online enrolment -> how the hell does that work...? (and mate whats that pin format you are talking about)
Reply 13
I got the SU pack today too as it's sent to returning students as well as freshers. It was the first I'd heard about having to pay £6 to the SU before being allowed to join any actual societies - we didn't have to do that at all last year! :frown:

I'm not going to join societies in advance - it's so much more fun doing it at the Freshers' Fayre, where you get freebies and can chat to the people running the stalls.
Reply 14
hussain
what the im confused!

i havn't recieved nothing yet!....

1) when does our freshers week start?
2) the online enrolment -> how the hell does that work...? (and mate whats that pin format you are talking about)

Freshers' Week starts on September 26th, though you'll be recommended to arrive at Halls the day before. Technically it's called Induction Week really, and everyone has to go to it, not only freshers - though obviously focus is on the freshers. :smile:
Reply 15
hussain

There's a checklist of things you need to do before arriving at University. This can be fround here: http://www.rhul.ac.uk/registry/enrolment/NewCheckList.html

Enrolling online is one of them.

http://self-service.rhul.ac.uk/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

User ID is the 9-number Student Number you were assigned to check your status at http://portal.rhul.ac.uk/status_checker.jsp and the pin format I was talking about is your birthday - ddmmyy
I must have missed my envelope this morning (or it was hiding from me?) but it did arrive afterall.
So we have to pay before we even decide which societies we want to join, then pay again once we do join any? Now I understand that the socs need membership fees to actually be able to do anything, but I think the first fee is a bit unfair.
Do we have to send that form off now though, but we don't have to select any societies yet?
Reply 17
I still haven't got ANYTHING from RHUL it is really starting to annoy me because i am have been totally forgotten!
Reply 18
same here. i had to go to the uni to sign my contracts.
Eurgh, the admin sucks. The individual departments are good though - I emailed the head of German and she emailed back promptly and was really helpful and nice.

Latest

Trending

Trending