The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You're not crazy because you acknowledge it's all in your head. I think a lot of people do this sort of thing in one way or another, it's pretty normal.
Kiwiguy
Everyone in this thread is ******* mental :awesome:

Including you! Whhaaaaaayyyyy! :awesome:
---------------------------------

To the OP: You're suffering from MPD. NO-ONE has that much of a `connect` with their imaginary world, definitely not.

MPD = Multiple Personality Disorder. Checkitout, heh oh!
Reply 42
Eclectic Styles
Including you! Whhaaaaaayyyyy! :awesome:

Yeah, but my imaginary friend and i have no problems with this :smile:
i do that sometimes it's perfectly normal although mine is situated in a Rugby pitch and it's changing rooms:biggrin: it's a rugby fantasy how i'm a youngster and emerge to be one of the greatest rugby players of all times:teehee:
It's all in my head and i can spend hours everyday just thinking about it.
Reply 44
i do something similar. Not as detailed, but when i'm bored i always start to imagine random things. i've always had a good imagination too
Kiwiguy
Yeah, but my imaginary friend and i have no problems with this :smile:

Is he called Kiwiguy? :mmm:
Reply 46
Eclectic Styles
Is he called Kiwiguy? :mmm:

Lol. maybe.

Spoiler

Reply 47
AWESOME!!!!!!

I only have voices... :frown:
I know what you mean, I can sometimes sit there and think about my crush all day and sometimes I think about what I will do if I ever get lost in the dark after watching a horror movie. However I did this even more when I was in hospital for psychosis - not sure if that is any help or relevance for you.
However I did feel a bit reassured when I read a famous quote about my illness. 'Depressives built imaginary worlds, psychotics live in them'. But that could be an old load of rubbish.
Reply 49
I kinda do this sometimes, lool, but it doesn't affect my schoolwork, its more daydreaming when I'm bored, and the stuff in it is completely unrealistic.

So I don't think you're totally crazy, but you should maybe try to do other things so you're not in this "world" all the time, so it doesn't affect your real life?
Flamin Nora
Maybe you're just compensating for something that is lacking in your life?

I also imagine a lot and play out hypothetical situations in my mind and it is simply because of this reason for me. Something is lacking in my life.
Anonymous
I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance right now, and confirmation that i'm not totally off my rocker.

For as long as i can remember, since I was really young, I have had a imaginary world in my head. This isn't just some simple fantasy, I can literally sit there for hours and hours, whenever i'm bored (even at work) and play out scenes in my brain.
Its not just some silly little story ive made up, its like i'm literally living another life....or someone elses.

It consists of a series of people in a 'real life' situation. Not one character but a whole family and neighbourhood, who all have their own back stories ( i know where they work, birthdays, favourite things...) It may sound a little like the Sims to you, but for me, I've created an emotional bond with these 'characters'.

These same characters always feature and even though i know i personally don't feature in this world, i know the main central character is me... I seem to link this world to real life events, stuff that happens in my everyday life and stuff in the news.
I must stress that this has never been a dream and that it has always occurred in my awake state.
I'm just wondering if this has something to do with my mental state. I would say i'm quite a social person and have always been too scared to tell friends and family, as they may think that im wierd or something...

I'm an intelligent girl yet I know for a fact that this has had a negative impact on my schooling and the grades that I have recieved, all because I spend to much time in this imaginary world.

TSR, why am I doing this? Am I totally crazy?

I have the exact same thing.

We're either not crazy, or we're both crazy but at least not the only ones. :awesome:
Reply 52
I have no idea whats normal and whats not now. :s-smilie:
I don’t have an imaginary world in my head, but I sometimes feel like I’m in a movie or the main character in a sitcom :ahee:

You should definitely write stories from these thoughts :yep: Make use of the powerful imagination you have.
O_Bugger_its_Hitler
Maybe you should write a book based on some of the stories you make up :smile: After all, having an imaginary world in your head IS how most fiction is created

^^
might be a best seller :wink:
Anonymous
I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance right now, and confirmation that i'm not totally off my rocker.

For as long as i can remember, since I was really young, I have had a imaginary world in my head. This isn't just some simple fantasy, I can literally sit there for hours and hours, whenever i'm bored (even at work) and play out scenes in my brain.
Its not just some silly little story ive made up, its like i'm literally living another life....or someone elses.

It consists of a series of people in a 'real life' situation. Not one character but a whole family and neighbourhood, who all have their own back stories ( i know where they work, birthdays, favourite things...) It may sound a little like the Sims to you, but for me, I've created an emotional bond with these 'characters'.

These same characters always feature and even though i know i personally don't feature in this world, i know the main central character is me... I seem to link this world to real life events, stuff that happens in my everyday life and stuff in the news.
I must stress that this has never been a dream and that it has always occurred in my awake state.
I'm just wondering if this has something to do with my mental state. I would say i'm quite a social person and have always been too scared to tell friends and family, as they may think that im wierd or something...

I'm an intelligent girl yet I know for a fact that this has had a negative impact on my schooling and the grades that I have recieved, all because I spend to much time in this imaginary world.

wheeeeey I do exactly that except I have three imaginary worlds in my head :biggrin: I WIN(/lose?)!!!
Reply 56
I used to have one...but then I turned five
Reply 57
People are too quick to label things as weird or crazy or as some kind of medical condition these days.
I don't believe you're crazy or weird, but if its starting to effect your work and becoming more of distraction than a creative vent then talking to someone could help...even if its just a friend, or a stranger off here maybe. Something to help control it.
You could also use your imagination to make an awesome story xD
I admire creativity :smile: I think it rules
Reply 58
It's Inception :ahee:
Anonymous

The best writers have imaginary worlds in their heads :yep: Nothing wrong with that. The world would be so dull if no one had an imagination! Are you an only child? Only children tend to live more in their imaginations than children with siblings; that's the case for me too :biggrin: Don't ever lose that creativity.

Latest

Trending

Trending