Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

William Hill Interview! HELP!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a job interview for a customer service assistant at William Hill tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Apparently it's 1 hour long and was wondering what I could possibly get asked in that time? Does anyone here know much about the interview process? Any tips? Cheers.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alba Gu Brath)
    I've got a job interview for a customer service assistant at William Hill tomorrow and I'm bricking it! Apparently it's 1 hour long and was wondering what I could possibly get asked in that time? Does anyone here know much about the interview process? Any tips? Cheers.
    Dress like this.

[/QUOTE]

Oh and it might help if you knew a bit about betting etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Dress like this.

Oh and it might help if you knew a bit about betting etc.[/QUOTE]

i loled
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofish4u)
    Oh and it might help if you knew a bit about betting etc.
    i loled[/QUOTE]

I love my life..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they want you to play bingo with them for a little while..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That goes without saying; I'm going to dress smart anyway.

I'm going to focus more on my customer service skills but obviously I'll learn a wee bit about betting before I walk into shop tomorrow.

If the odds are, for example, 4/1 then the bettor will make 4 units for every unit they put down, including their original stake.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its an easy interview

there will be 2 people there, one interviewing you and one assessing the interviewer

they ask you basic questions i.e. what would you do if a customer did this, etc

they'll give you a basic mental arithmetic exam and give you some simple odds questions, i.e. if you bet £10 on a horse with 7/1 odds what is the return? return is £80, £70 win and £10 original stake

it's not a hard interview and if you can't get the job then there's something completely wrong with you. i've seen absolute retards during the training days (i worked there for over a year)

if successful they tell you you're hired on the spot (was in my case anyway)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have one next weekend (never had an interview on a weekend!) After reading the above post i feel much better haha...thanks!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    did you people get the job? i have an interview on wednesday for them after passing my telephone interview and i am so worried! i havent had an interview before so have no idea what to expect, could anyone help me with the type of questions they ask?

thanks alot if anyone posts!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much.. I think it's more about personality - the rest they can teach you. My friend got a job there a couple of weeks ago and she knew nothing about betting or how to calculate odds but they didn't seem to mind - they're now training her.
    Might be useful though to read up on it in case as different branches may have different interview policies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, i went for my interview and it was nothing compared to what i thought it'd be like! The 2 people who interviewed me were very friendly and were a right laugh. IT was pretty easy to get the job to be fair they just wanted to know i knew what customer service was. They do fully train you too so you don't need to know much but if you do then great.
    P.s. I no longer work for them lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow29)
    did you people get the job? i have an interview on wednesday for them after passing my telephone interview and i am so worried! i havent had an interview before so have no idea what to expect, could anyone help me with the type of questions they ask?

thanks alot if anyone posts!
    /how was the telephone interview? I have mine coming up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

first timer poster. i was just wondering if W.H preform CRB checks and if so is met by the employer?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 18, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.