Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Danny_Craven
Hello all,

Just been offered a place in Alexandra Works and as everybody was on here was there last year, was just wondering what it is like and should i go for it?

:s-smilie:

Merci :smile:

The place is nice. The halls are nice and all that, one of the 'nicer' ones. However you have to live the furthest away :P. But you do have a co-op right across from you which is pretty good especially if you only buy the deals from there.
The 'management' were always good, always fixed things if you needed it and did it fast enough.
No wardens in the halls which is a downside from others, you get moaned at if you are quite load at certain times which i've heard is annoying for them. This does not mean everyone is loud though, throughout the whole year we only had to ask like 2 flats to turn music down.
Place is friendly. We were in a corner and for the first week we left our door open and had many people just wander in or say hello or whatever.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 81
Im in 109E and im doing Psychology. I was really unsure about this accommodation because I dont know if I can afford it yet, its alot more than I get for my student loan. I quite like the look of it though. I spent all day today on the phone ringing accommodation and unite and found out that there are payment plans that can be organised and if I reject this offer for AW then there will be no where else for me to go apart from approved flats. Really dont know what to do! Eeeek!
Original post by Rebecca55

Original post by Rebecca55
I have got into plymouth to do Bed primary teaching with science, anybody else doing the same course? I have also been offered a room in Alexandra works, my room number is 407A. Looking forward to it :smile:

Heya. Just wanted to say that we're going to be sharing the same flat. I've got 407C :smile:. I've been looking to find any one in that flat just so I have a rough idea of who i'm going to be living with for a year lol. I'm doing computing. Nice to meet you, haha :biggrin:
I lived in Mutley last year. It's nothing amazing to be honest but it's not bad either. Lot's of shops, takeaways plus a few pubs. North hill is probably better for nightlife, can't say I ever spent a night in Mutley apart from a few games of pool.
Is plymouth any good?
Original post by livo12
Hi there. I am going to do Business at Plymouth and have been allocated Alexandra Works - I am worried about the distance to the main building - I wanted something nearer. I phoned Unite and they said the only way to change this would be to organise a swap myself. Does anyone with accommodation on campus nearer to the main building want to swap with me - I have a standard ensuite for 43 weeks? My room is 203 -F. Anyone have a room in my unit? Or studying Business or come from Worcester?? Would like to get in touch.

The distance really isn't that bad from Mutley area tbh. It's only about a 10-15 min walk to Cookworthy (main business building) which is pretty typical of what other students will have (with the exception of uni halls). Just get a bike if you are that bothered.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised this is a resurrected thread. Hope you found the walk OK :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Shauna91
Im in room 402D would love to find out who my flat mates are gonna be.... cant wait though!

I'm in alexandra works 402 too!! yaaay...i know 3 other housemates so youre our last one to find! :biggrin::smile:
Reply 87
Original post by emmaemmaemma123
I'm in alexandra works 402 too!! yaaay...i know 3 other housemates so youre our last one to find! :biggrin::smile:

I'm in Alexandra Works 402 aswell... Can't wait!! :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Shauna91
Im in room 402D would love to find out who my flat mates are gonna be.... cant wait though!

Helllloooooo! We're flatmates :biggrin: whoooo!! :biggrin:
104 room c (:
Reply 90
Go here for the latest thread on it :smile:

Closing this thread, as it was an older one. Not sure if anyone would even see this but still.

Latest

Trending

Trending