The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

So, who's going to the welcome lunch, eh?

f you are an undergraduate student and have been allocated to one of our residences, I am pleased to be able to offer a buffet-style lunch from 12.00 noon 3.00 p.m. for you and anyone accompanying you to Exeter on your arrival day. The cost of lunch will be £9.50 (inc VAT) per person.

Please note that if you are a student residing in a CATERED Hall, you have already paid for this lunch in the accommodation charges and will only need to book and pay for any additional guests through our on-line system, as students in catered residences will automatically be catered for.

If lunch is required, a firm booking in advance is necessary. Bookings will close on Friday 17th September 2010. On receipt of your payment, you will receive a confirmation email that should be printed and brought with you as proof of purchase at the Hall when you arrive for lunch.

For more details and to book, please visit: - www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation and follow the link under LATEST section.

I quite like the prospect of tea and tiny sandwiches.
In case you hadn't guessed, this will be the university's first attempt (of many) to attempt to rinse your parents for even more money than they are probably already paying for your education. Avoid.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
It's generally a really nice lunch, to be fair. Put it this way; if I were a parent dropping off my offspring at uni and had a choice between the welcome lunch and paying at least as much for a sandwich in a motorway service station, I'd pick the welcome lunch every time. OK, granted, they could make their own sandwiches/go somewhere else, but it's convenient and it has that whole "this is where you'll be living" thing going on.

Latest

Trending

Trending