The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Laffy Info

Hey everyone..got my accommodation a few days back..got lafrowda enhanced, H block.. but i'm not very happy wid it coz i wanted an en-suite and dint get one..now if anyone could answer some of my questions, it might change my mind:

- I'm really fussy about sharing a bathroom - how many people share a wc/bathroom? everyone must be wanting to go at the same time..how does everyone manage?

- Is laffy really that bad because its the cheapest on campus?

- Is it difficult to cook food everyday?

- Do laffy residents appreciate the various international cultures?

- How good is the heating coz i just cannot bear the cold

- I have heard that Laffy is part central but im not a very social person..much of an introvert..will i feel out of place? or should i learn to be more of a party animal?

- how many people would i be sharing my flat with?

- how good is the H block?

- are laffy flats of generally mixed gender or single gender? I had put my preference as mixed gender..but what is more common?

I'm sorry that I have asked too many questions but please reply to them as soon as possible.thanks
Reply 1
- Is laffy really that bad because its the cheapest on campus?
No, it's fine. For starters, enhanced Lafrowda isn't the cheapest, standard Lafrowda is. Enhanced is pretty decent; standard is a bit more basic but does the job just fine.

- Do laffy residents appreciate the various international cultures?
Lafrowda tends to have students from lots of different countries living there - whether you personally will appreciate that is something only you'll know, but it certainy means there are opportunities to meet people from different cultures. The Chinese New Year stuff has been held in that part of campus for a few years, and was really good this year.

- how many people would i be sharing my flat with?
Most Lafrowda flats are for 11 or 12 people. There are a very few smaller ones (6 or 3 or 4 people, I think) but most of the flats are 11 or 12.

- I'm really fussy about sharing a bathroom - how many people share a wc/bathroom? everyone must be wanting to go at the same time..how does everyone manage?
Don't panic! Firstly, you'll have a washbasin in your room, so you can brush your teeth and so on in there. Then, there's more than one toilet and shower, and they're seperate (i.e. a room with a toilet; another room with a toilet; a room with a shower; another room with a shower, and so on) so you wouldn't have to wait to go to the loo because someone else was in the shower, or whatever. The bathrooms get cleaned regularly, too. Then, bear in mind that not everyone gets up at the same time - some people have early lectures,others don't - and that some people like to shower in the morning, others in the evening -
it all works out surprisingly well. I know loads of people who've worried about sharing a bathroom before they had to do it, but I can't think of aanyone who's had any dreadful problems when they've actually arrived.

- I have heard that Laffy is part central but im not a very social person..much of an introvert..will i feel out of place? or should i learn to be more of a party animal?
It can be a very social place, mainly because there are quite a lot of people living there, but that doesn't mean you have to party non-stop; it just means there's usually someone around if you want to hang out.

- how good is the H block?
If G and H are the ones I think, then I quite like that block; it's not absolutely in the middle of things but still handy for everything.

- are laffy flats of generally mixed gender or single gender? I had put my preference as mixed gender..but what is more common?
It depends, but even if you happen to be in a single gender flat you'd almost certainly be next door to/upstairs/downstairs from a mixed gender flat, so it's not like you'd be cloistered off on your own!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Latest

Trending

Trending