The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Question concerning OU fee rise

Hello,

I am starting an Open University course this October and wondered if anyone could clarify for me the proposed fee rises. I know that the government scrapped funding for ELQs (equivalent or lower qualifications) in 2007 and that following this, universities are permitted to increase fees for students studying an ELQ to match foreign student fees.

I have also heard that the OU are currently debating their science syllabus and are considering fee rises. My question would be, does anyone know if they have given an indication of how substantial these rises would be? Because if they did increase fees for a 60-point course from £650 to the foreign student cost of £1450 (for ELQ students) it would considerably affect my able to fund study.

I may have entirely got the wrong end of the stick, but I am finding it very difficult to find recent and detailed information. Thanks for your help.

Jenny
Reply 1
From my understanding the OU are still considering the impact that the ELQ will have on their fees, and therefore have not yet made a decision on what the rises will be. I too am concerned about the fee rise as it would be quite a jump up.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Latest

Trending

Trending