The Student Room Group

Access to Art and Design or Foundation confusion

Hi i wish to study Costume and theatre design, after working in Window dressing for a few years.

I haven't been in education for almost 12 years and have seen that i will have to take the Access route, the nearest college to me that provided this, was Croydon College, Surrey, but i have since found out that they no longer do this.

The other places i have tried are Greenwich and Kingston, but they have a foundation in Art and Design, which will cost me £3,290. :eek:
To be honest, paying this amount of money for something that i am trying to create a portfolio for is a bit much(i will have to take out a loan etc). I know i wish to continue to University which will cost even more after.

Is there is another route/direction in which i can go? :confused:
And if anyone knows any other colleges/institutes that would also be great. I can travel in and around Surrey, and London as well.

Is it too late to apply to start this year as well? :eek:

My other question is, in order to do this Access Courses, can i use my Window dressing experience to apply. I do have photos of my work.

Do you have to have done art to take this up? I am sadly not very good at drawing, I am creative, just not with a pencil and paintbrush.

I know these are a lot of questions but any advice would really help.

Thank you
Reply 1
I know that UCA offers Access to Art and Design at both Farnham and Epsom. They may be worth looking at.

As for it being too late to apply to start this year, it probably is, but it can not hurt to call the places you are interested in up and see what they can do; there are usually a few people who drop out early on or who simply opt out before starting, you might be lucky.
Reply 2
Hi WiBurn, thank you for your message. I have since had a look at UCA, and they are quite close to me and like you said i will have to wait till next enrolement, but have put myself down for their open day in November, so i will see what they have.
Thanks a lot for your reply :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending