The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Toiletpaper8
Human beings are shallow, to a certain extent. We're not completely shallow.

You dislike chavs, for instance. But, someone dressed "chavvy" whom you dismiss at first sight, may in fact be a very likeable person whom you get very well with. Disagree?

Yes, I do disagree. The fact they were chav clothing and act like a chav make me immediately dislike them.
rajandkwameali
Yes, I do disagree. The fact they were chav clothing and act like a chav make me immediately dislike them.

No, I see your point.

BUT, if you were hypothetically locked in a room with said chav and spend time with him/her - is there no chance at all you'll take a liking to them?

Afterall, does what you wear really say that much about you as a person?
No, how they act, think and behave would mean I'd never like them. Do I have to like everybody?

besides, why do I owe strangers approval? I have no time for insecure people who think all should adore/approve of them.
Reply 23
there can be people I find annoying, but I don't think I actually hate anyone
i find that i can really hate someone after a couple of meetings, but rarely on the first impression alone
Reply 25
whenever i meet someone, i will mostly give them the benefit of the doubt. ill be nice to them and make an effort to get to know them and be nice. if theyre dismissive however, or just reeeeally shy then ill just stop bothering.

sometimes i will have a very strong gut feeling that someone is dodgy so i will avoid them, and im usually right so ive learnt to stick with my instinct.
it depends also.

somebody like that I detest on sight.

http://chavspeak.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chav-pregnant-lovely.jpg

and this too. and for smoking when pregnant, bitch.

And somebody like this also. Tosser.
Sometimes i do with girls if they have that sort of 'hard natural look' on their faces i mistake them for being bitches :colondollar:

:getmecoat:
It takes more than first impressions for me to hate someone.
9 times out of 10 I hate a person at first sight.
And 9/10 times I'm usually right.
But the 1/10 that make me change my judgement on are usually the ones that I end up adoring the most.
I'm a hater. Or I just throw the word hate around loosely like people throw around the word love.
Reply 30
No. I barely hate anyone, and only then when they've been really rude to me. How could you hate someone without even knowing them? Dislike maybe, but hate? Only if they were rude.

I'd only take an instant disliking if they were really extreme, like if they were really mouthy and chavvy or whatever. I'll give everyone a fair chance if they seem pretty normal. If you just judge someone instantly then you could be losing out on really good friends - especially on something completely ridiculous like clothes or music taste that doesn't account for personality in any way (which many people here say they instantly dislike people because!).
Reply 31

Not really. I'd rather get to know the person a little before I judge them.
Reply 32
I don't hate annoying pricks/weird creeps, i just would rather not be associated with them in any way whatsoever.

Latest

Trending

Trending