The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oscarwildelike
Look at my statement in context. The student stereotype is obviously intended with a degree of irony, the aim being to get people talking about it and getting the brand into people's heads. If one hears people laughing about KFC adverts or bitching about them they might try it for a laugh. They might even go and complain at the local store. With fast food outlets many people stick to one brand: McDo/BK/KFC/Subway. The aim is to bring people into KFC any way they can. Of course they will offend a few people, but those who aren't offended are in the majority. Inversely there are probably some people that don't like you, and if they hear you bitching about KFC they'll think "what a weirdo, lets go to KFC". Often ones negative reaction will provoke a positive action in others.

You're seriously clutching at straws to defend your point there.
GodspeedGehenna
You're seriously clutching at straws to defend your point there.

Well, I'm sure you can refute a couple of straws, unless of course you've realized that I am right?
oscarwildelike
Well, I'm sure you can refute a couple of straws, unless of course you've realized that I am right?

Do you honestly think people are going to go:

"Oh i heard godspeedgehenna doesn't like that KFC advert, lol LETS GO TO KFC LMAO IT WILL BE REALLY FUNNY LOLOL."

:lolwut: Please.
GodspeedGehenna
Do you honestly think people are going to go:

"Oh i heard godspeedgehenna doesn't like that KFC advert, lol LETS GO TO KFC LMAO IT WILL BE REALLY FUNNY LOLOL."

:lolwut: Please.

Yeah, I do. It's an identity thing, like emo kids getting their nipples pierced 'cause their parents dislike nipple piercings. Same goes for fashion/food/other commodities, if a group of people/person that one dislikes openly has a problem with something, the others will probably do that very thing.

A more realistic circumstance would be "God didja hear that guy bithcing about KFC today, such a bellend" "Yeah, I agree, lets get some food" "Where shall we go?" "KFC LOLOLOLOL".

Latest