The Student Room Group

Are lefties more tolerant of racism from foreigners?

Italians, Poles, Japanese, Thais, Greeks, Russians, Turks to name but a few are a nationalistic, racist bunch of people. Even though you lefties think Britain is the epitome of racism, you can find it on a far bigger scale in the countries mentioned.

However, these people are never critisized for being racist, if anyone talks about their countries, they're always really tolerant, cultured people. Much nicer than those British scum who ruin their resorts and cities. If you lefties hate racism so much I'm shocked you even entertain visiting visiting countries like Turkey, Italy and even Spain.

So yes, why are British lefties more tolerant of foreign racism? Or does their racism add to the diversity and harmonious multiculturalism?
Reply 1
Too many generalisations. Nobody is racist at heart.
Yeah, all Italians, all Turks, all Greeks, all Poles, all Russians, all Thais . . . they're all nationalists, right? :rolleyes:

People in different countries do not all share the same views. Shocking, I know.
Reply 3
Well the first sentence isn't true at all so...
Nothing wrong with being a bit racist anyway, don't know why people have such a problem with it.
Also people only have a problem with immigrants because they take the jobs, not really racist at heart, I think 4/5 of the jobs created in the last 3 months have went to foreigners.. ouch.
Can't find the article if you don't believe me there's nothing I can do about it.
If you make generalisations you'll never get a proper discussion going

However I do agree that there are groups of British people who think it's okay for foreigners to be racist, and that the White race is some kind of deserving villain! It's a stupid viewpoint, and tends to come from the populist left-wingers (the "i'll be left wing cos everyone else on campus is" kind) rather than a genuine left-wing philosophy.
Yeah i dont think that's the case.
Reply 7
deathbeforeimmortality
Yeah i dont think that's the case.

Gonna back it up?

Latest

Trending

Trending