The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Salisbury Road: Advice Please

Hello!

I'm currently in Trinidad and Tobago but am coming to Exeter in September to begin a Masters in Sport and Health Sciences.

I really don't wanna move back into halls as I stayed in private accommodation in my 2nd and 3rd years as an undergrad and loved it.

There's a room I wanna take on Salisbury Road (found it on easyroommate.co.uk) but I'll have to sign the contract and probably make a downpayment before I move up (so that no one else takes it).

None of my mates can get down to Exeter within the next week to view it.

I've read so much about scams so I really don't know what to do.

Anyone got any advice?

Cheers,
Nadine.
I would contact the Students Guild on Monday and explain your situation. They might be able to help you.

Short of that, get a name and some contact details from your prospective landlord, which you could cross-check against 192.com / BT Directory Enquiries website.

If anything feels dodgy about the deal, don't proceed. You'll be able to find a room later on, there won't be a sudden shortage once term starts.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Cheers very much :smile:
Reply 3
I agree with nonswimmer; my friend once turned up in Exeter having accepted a place on a postgrad course at the last minute and she found private accommodation very quickly. Don't worry :smile:
Reply 4
That's great to hear as that Salisbury place has now been taken by someone else!

Latest

Trending

Trending