The Student Room Group

Do's and dont's of clubbing

Well yeah I am 18 next week which means drunk times.

Anyway never really been clubbing before, neither have many of the friends I am going with although most of them have been 18 for a year :facepalm2:.

But yeah as the title says.. you hear lots of stories and it would be good to see which are true and what is myth.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Clubbing is ****.

Seriously, you spend all night surrounded by morons whose idea of a good time is to dance like a moron.
Reply 2
don't make eye contact with anyone
Don't number 1

Go clubbing, it sucks
Reply 4
Don't piss into a beer can on the way there, cut your bell end, then look at it in the toilet. You'll get thrown out.
Clubbing's cool, when you're really drunk. Get really drunk. But don't get drunk in the club because otherwise you'll be so out of pocket. So get drunk before, or stash a hip flask
Don't get your hopes up :teehee:
Reply 7
HumanNature1992
Don't get your hopes up :teehee:

I know its not as amazing as it is made out to be, but you got to try it at some point.

And thanks above for the point about drinking.. was planning too anyway but will just have a bit more :yep:
I went clubbing for the first time a few weeks ago and was really nervous beforehand, but had a great time!

I think if you are willing to get up and dance (even if you need a few drinks for encouagement), you'll have a great time. If you're just going to sit in the corner nursing a beer and watching everyone else dance about, you'll be bored and you'll be one of those people saying "clubbing sucks"! Try to go with some friends who will be confident enough to dance with you - nobody wants to dance alone!

Unless you're a lightweight like me, I suggest drinking beforehand at home or it could end up being a very expensive night out.

Have fun :smile:
Reply 9
i love clubbing just for a good night out with my mates dancing :smile:
i have a friend who is convinced clubs are for single people and really doesnt enjoy them, and i can see where he is coming from. lots of the clubs are girls looking their best for attention and guys trying there best to get as many scores as possible (yes i know im stereotyping, i love getting dressed up for town for me, as im very taken, but im speaking from experience of friends)
i also dont tend to like gettting soo drunk you cant rememebr anythingg, i drink the vk's or vodka redbulls which dont get you too drunkkk yet the redbull gives you then energy to danceee to the night awayy :biggrin:
also, depends where your from but different clubs suit different sort of people so try out as many as possible to find the ones you enjoy:smile:
The concensus is from the rest and me, clubbing = pointless and rubbish :smile:
Towards the end of the night, its customary to reveal your penis, so the females that are left, are best able to pick their mate.
Clubbing: so mind numbingly awful, you need to be hammered to vaguely enjoy it, or gagging for a lay.
Reply 13
what a bunch of miserable bastards i nthis thread.

Clubbing is great fun. get medium drunk beforehand, and stick to the cheap drinks in the club.
Dance like a moron, because nobody cares.

look out for special theme nights in some clubs, they can be a good laugh.

Above al else just have a good time. And don't be afraid to just go wild on the dancefloor. If you hang about on the outskirts all night, then yeah, it will be boring.
All clubs and different, attract different crowds, play different music, have different entry policies, different prices etc.

You'll most likely end up in a ******** blasting out black eyed peas and katy perry.
newg
what a bunch of miserable bastards i nthis thread.

Clubbing is great fun. get medium drunk beforehand, and stick to the cheap drinks in the club.
Dance like a moron, because nobody cares.

look out for special theme nights in some clubs, they can be a good laugh.

Above al else just have a good time. And don't be afraid to just go wild on the dancefloor. If you hang about on the outskirts all night, then yeah, it will be boring.

Threads about clubbing on this place always attract the miserables. This site is full of 17/18 year olds who have been to a couple of clubs, drank alcohol a couple of times and concluded they hate them both.

Though what do you expect from a forum based around academia.
get drunk before you go, buy que skippers if available and dont worry about not being able to dance as no one will remember it the next day anyways >.>
Reply 17
Why is TSR so anti-clubbing?
For me, clubbing was amazing for about two years, but recently it's lost it's charm because I'm not absolutely ****** everytime I go.
I would probably say that you don't want to start pushing/shoving guys on the dancefloor or on the bar, some people just love starting fights.
Also dont grab a random hot girls arse; however tempting it might be.
Reply 18
Dont: smell.
Do: fist pump like a champion
Oh and if / when Justin Bieber starts playing, do dance, you will get a girl

If his video for 'baby' is correct, If a girl you like isn't into you, follow her around (on the dancefloor), singing to her and engage her in a dance off, she'll like you by the end of it