The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:O so many people have written it already i didnt write mine till end of November/ start or December !!
Got some ideas, but I'm getting all my extra reading and visits out the way until the end of summer to get good grades for A2. I'm not applying for oxbridge or med school tohugh so am alright at the moment
Reply 42
I've haven't had time, i still have other reports to do before i start my PS :frown:
Reply 43
I did a rough draft back in about June but I'll need to improve it quite a lot.
Reply 44
Jsmalley1
I've started mine, I'm about half way through atm.

this
I'm on draft no. 5 after having it looked at once by the PS service on TSR - really really good pointers. Just need to finalise two sentences and get it looked at by my tutor and russel group tutor.

Although it's good to send it off early is anyone else nervous about applying before the October spending review when tuition fees will (odds on) be raised and other as-yet-unknown things will be announced?
I've done a few drafts and my teachers says to leave it how it is...however I'm 100 words too many and have yet to add another book to demonstrate my wider reading...
Reply 47
NOPE clueless on where to start some one HELPP MEEE :smile: msg me :biggrin:
I've started, if you can call it that but i haven't gotten past the first few lines....
I am waiting for my results first.
Reply 50
Yes, 2 drafts for 2 careers, will decide which one to alter after next week
Reply 51
I've only written 3 line.... :colonhash:

And I'm applying for Oxford so need it done quick now. All because of my laziness :colonhash:
Vanny17
I have written mine already. Have you?

I've started but not finished
Reply 53
unknownrebalz
I've started but not finished

Ok, why are people writing of books they have read on their personal statement?. :rolleyes:
I'm not an AS student, but I am applying this September. I've already done my statement but i'll continue to edit it until I send my form off.
Reply 55
Yeah, I had mine done before the summer started. Careers advisor is having a look at it over the summer. I'm going to rewrite it though because I've come to the conclusion that's it's complete *****.
Vanny17
Ok, why are people writing of books they have read on their personal statement?. :rolleyes:

It's recommended that you do this to show evidence of your interest in the subject, through doing your own reading and research.
If you're applying for a subject that isn't usually taught in schools and colleges, wider reading is especially important, as you may not know enough about the subject yourself to write a good statement, and it will help show a level of dedication to studying it.
Nope. There's little point in me writing one until I get my ASs as they are going to decide in part what course I apply to.
I am still writing it at the moment.
Reply 59
Not yet, I'm going to wait until I get results first so my mind is focused on it. I'm a bit worried though as I haven't really done any extra curricular activities to put on there :frown: I want to do some volunteering but I'm thinking it's a bit too late in the holidays now to find anything :s-smilie: I can't believe so many people have actually finished it!

Latest

Trending

Trending