The Student Room Group
I won't. If I miss both my offers, I'll reapply next year with whatever grades I get. In my involuntary gap year, I'll try and pick up a journalism course somewhere and work a lot, and if I'm rejected from everywhere next year I'll try and carry on with the journalism.
Reply 2
Quail
I won't. If I miss both my offers, I'll reapply next year with whatever grades I get. In my involuntary gap year, I'll try and pick up a journalism course somewhere and work a lot, and if I'm rejected from everywhere next year I'll try and carry on with the journalism.

Funnily enough an ex-poly has one of the best Journalism courses in the country - University of Westminster.
booraad
Funnily enough an ex-poly has one of the best Journalism courses in the country - University of Westminster.

Well sadly it's not really journalism I want to do - I've applied for Linguistics, and journalism would just be my emergency fallback. Work experience is so important for journalism though, so I think I'd do that and gain the qualification outside of a uni rather than spend however many thousands it is doing the course at a uni! Fingers crossed it won't come to that though :smile:
booraad

As does DMU next door to Leicester.

Don't discount ex-polys, they're very competitive for some courses.

I would have considered ex-polys in clearing, but none were offering courses that I liked. It was a choice between Bangor for Ocean Science, Leicester and Aberdeen for Geography and Newcastle for GIS.
I'll be ringing up any Uni that does my course!

Latest

Trending

Trending