The Student Room Group

There are no set books that you have to read! Gosh. LSE have a few recommend prior reading on their pages and maybe a couple other unis have the same thing..but really...that just means a hundred other applicatns have dne the same thing. This is your personal statement, your moment of fame to show your interest.

'This book a read as a suggestion on the famous TSR and not one I got off my backside and looked for was really interesting'. That's showing the person's interest, not yours. You want to get a place because of someone else and not something you've earnt?
Go to a library, look on Amazon or whatever.
Oh, and I'd not suggest applying the books, not simply listing them.
None. I didn't and I got into 3 unis for Law :smile: I think work experience is 10times more important. Anyone can read a book, but it shows initiative to go and get work experience. :smile:
Reply 3
lyrical_lie
None. I didn't and I got into 3 unis for Law :smile: I think work experience is 10times more important. Anyone can read a book, but it shows initiative to go and get work experience. :smile:

what universities did you apply to?
what grades did you get for AS? :]
helpneeded-a
what universities did you apply to?
what grades did you get for AS? :]

Strathclyde, Dundee, Aberdeen which I got conditionals to and I applied to Edinburgh but I didn't get in.

I only got ABBBC for my fifth year highers-not that great, My conditionals were Strathclyde-ABB Dundee-B and Aberdeen-A/BB/B at AH.

Can't help you with AS sorry :smile:
Reply 5
lyrical_lie
Strathclyde, Dundee, Aberdeen which I got conditionals to and I applied to Edinburgh but I didn't get in.

I only got ABBBC for my fifth year highers-not that great, My conditionals were Strathclyde-ABB Dundee-B and Aberdeen-A/BB/B at AH.

Can't help you with AS sorry :smile:

Hi, I think I will be applying for Law at Scottish unis this time round :smile: Which uni are you going to in the end ? Out of interest how much work exp did you have (I'm assuming it was at a lawyer's office or something ?)
cecilia93
Hi, I think I will be applying for Law at Scottish unis this time round :smile: Which uni are you going to in the end ? Out of interest how much work exp did you have (I'm assuming it was at a lawyer's office or something ?)

Haiya! And strathclyde, I was amazed I got in considering its a AAAAB course and in 5th year I had a grand total of one A. Fair enough I got a pretty hefty condition but it was very fair I thought.

But yea anyway I had went to the courts in Edinburgh with a judge and then again with an advocate. Then I went to the Glasgow courts with said advocate and my local lawyers office but I went to both their offices one where I live and one about 20mins away :smile:
What books do you want to read regarding Law?

Gah. I could rant but composure.
Reply 8
You don't need to read any books.
Reply 9
(You)
You do realise that you'll probably be studying scots law then?

Yes I am Scottish and live in Scotland :smile:
Reply 10
lyrical_lie
Haiya! And strathclyde, I was amazed I got in considering its a AAAAB course and in 5th year I had a grand total of one A. Fair enough I got a pretty hefty condition but it was very fair I thought.

But yea anyway I had went to the courts in Edinburgh with a judge and then again with an advocate. Then I went to the Glasgow courts with said advocate and my local lawyers office but I went to both their offices one where I live and one about 20mins away :smile:

Well done :smile: Is it good at Strathclyde? I think I am likely to apply there becuase I am reasonably near there.

Latest

Trending

Trending