The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Cool, this thread has helped. I had forgotten about what this event was actually going to be like: hot, dark and full of very very drunk people. Screw looking smart, i'm going to find some sort of small black number, push to the front to see Colin Murray and get beer all over myself :biggrin:.

Cxx
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
ice girl
i haven't got my dress yet. i think a serious shopping trip is called for.

People who've bought their dresses put some pics up, lets have a look

this is a pic of the 1 im thinkin of wearin-but mine is black.

is it ott 4 the ball? i think it is a little :confused:
Reply 62
bubbalicious_28

Looks good.
Reply 63
Steveee
Sorry - I wasn't being particularly serious when I was talking about my crap kissing (though I'm not magnificent) I just thought that it was a little funny, typical Englishman to be crap dancer, kisser, unfunny, and not too good looking.

Don't worry, I'm not completely special needs and realised that if it were really true you'd hardly publicise it... just thought it was perhaps the right time to set the record straight before many misguided youths arrive for Freshers Week... :nurse:
Reply 64
rosellen
Don't worry, I'm not completely special needs and realised that if it were really true you'd hardly publicise it... just thought it was perhaps the right time to set the record straight before many misguided youths arrive for Freshers Week... :nurse:

Hehe - but you are right though. Dishwasher's not good.
Reply 65
bubbalicious_28

From my extensive knowledge of dresses (hmmm) it looks good to me :smile:
Reply 66
Geordie_in_HK
white tux and cane. Pimpin' in Bristol lol

how about black tux and green chinese army hat? (with the nice red star)

would look awesome methinks.

hmm maybe not.

Argh, I need to get a DJ from somewhere :eek:
i so wasn't panicking about this until i read this thread..now i have nothing to wear! well ok not strictly true. but all the girls are wearing short things it seems and my more posh skirt is long and has to be worn with heels (making me very very tall) and the top i would wear with it is too big... anyone have a sewing machine that works???? i wore it to my leavers ball. oh dear. i have no money to go shopping either!
i think long skirt will look really classy.
Reply 69
I might suggest that underdressing rather than overdressing is probably more of an issue for anything called 'ball'.

:smile:
Reply 70
I don't know what I'm wearing... was thinking of wearing my leavers ball dress (black, strapless, 3/4 length skirt, satin-y) but I'm now worried about being over-dressed... and I don't really want it getting covered in beer either, as it was quite expensive. Thinking I might save that one for a smarter event and buy a dress from somewhere like Topshop... more shopping :rolleyes:
Yeah, think I just need to get something cheap and acceptable! And save my lovely lovely dress for something more refined!
Reply 72
Gexko
I might suggest that underdressing rather than overdressing is probably more of an issue for anything called 'ball'.

:smile:

Ha! i read that quickly and thought you wrote...undressing...i started to wonder what kind of ball i was going to!!
Reply 73
You mean that we wear clothes!?

Can I get a refund on my ticket?
Reply 74
well i thought i had a dress sorted but am worried now that its too dressy. also my friend saw it the other day and thought it was underwear ( :eek: ) so now im obv worried on tht front as well lol! oh well i've bought it so am gonna have to get my wear out of it!! i KNOW i'll end up in my faithful black topshop dress 5 mins before leave to go though lol!
need 2 go shoppin!
Reply 76
ciara
Cool, this thread has helped. I had forgotten about what this event was actually going to be like: hot, dark and full of very very drunk people. Screw looking smart, i'm going to find some sort of small black number, push to the front to see Colin Murray and get beer all over myself :biggrin:.

Cxx

:ditto: :biggrin:
Have you got a pic of the dress? how can a dress look like underwear? i think i'm just going to go for the plain black dress! as usual save my nice dress for the medics mascerade ball!
Reply 78
havent got a pic, might take one tomo -- i think its the fact its silk and does look a bit like a silk nightdress or something oh dear never mind lol...
Reply 79
dresses that look like underware now this is my kind of party unless the underware in question is bridget jones style BIG pants then... woah outa there like **** off a shovel

Latest

Trending

Trending