The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I HAVE GOT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TODAY!!!

Buuuut...

"The University of St Andrews does not, as standard, send out decisions until after the UCAS application deadline of 15th January when all applications have been received. /.../ Therefore you can expect to receive a decision from us anytime between the 15 January and the UCAS deadline of 31st March 2011."

What shall I do? Count freckles? :-D
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 41
I got an acknowledgement today as well!:woo: :biggrin:
But I applied directly, so I'll get a decision within FOUR WEEKS.:eek3:
I also got an acknowledgement today, yay :biggrin:
Reply 43
Me too! Although it is a little bit disappointing to hear that it will take 3 months at the very least to get a decision :smile:
Laroch
They will hate me for saying this, but yeah, just a standard open day. Only difference was instead of many talks like all the other universities I have gone to, St Andrews just had many tours and a single talk which covered everything, which I preferred I think. It was a great day though! :smile:

Thanks, that sounds quite good. I'm looking forward to it, I like open days :smile:
Reply 45
Acknowledged! Yays!

Now to wait till January...
aetiology
Acknowledged! Yays!

Now to wait till January...

...or February, or March :p:
Surely they'll know certain applicants will definitely be in and others not.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm applying to St. Andrews as well - either to Physics or Maths and Theoretical Physics. Mainly because it was recommended to me...

Went to the Open Day yesterday, enjoyed it but on the observatory visit there were a lot of akward silences as he just ran out of things to say :O
Reply 49
Got my acknowledgement today - why does the wait have to be soooo long!!!!??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
I'm applying for Maths & Philosophy. I applied last year (for deferred) and made my offer, but am having another try at Oxford in my gap year. If I don't make Oxford, I'll hopefully go to St Andrews instead.

Feel free to ask if there's anything about the Track-watching process I can explain. :p:

lexielou
I got an acknowledgement today as well!:woo: :biggrin:
But I applied directly, so I'll get a decision within FOUR WEEKS.:eek3:

How come you applied directly? Do international applicants not still go through UCAS? Also, do you know if this four-week decision applies to people who already have their results?
Reply 51
dbmag9
I'm applying for Maths & Philosophy. I applied last year (for deferred) and made my offer, but am having another try at Oxford in my gap year. If I don't make Oxford, I'll hopefully go to St Andrews instead.

Feel free to ask if there's anything about the Track-watching process I can explain. :p:

How come you applied directly? Do international applicants not still go through UCAS? Also, do you know if this four-week decision applies to people who already have their results?

I applied directly because St Andrews is the only school I'm applying to in the UK. If I was applying to more than one uni in the UK, I would apply through UCAS.
And I'm sorry, but I don't think it does.:s-smilie: Only direct applicants, to St Andrews at least.
Reply 52
lexielou
I applied directly because St Andrews is the only school I'm applying to in the UK. If I was applying to more than one uni in the UK, I would apply through UCAS.
And I'm sorry, but I don't think it does.:s-smilie: Only direct applicants, to St Andrews at least.

Ah, shame. Thanks for the reply, though.
Reply 53
StylePoints
I'm applying to St. Andrews as well - either to Physics or Maths and Theoretical Physics. Mainly because it was recommended to me...

Went to the Open Day yesterday, enjoyed it but on the observatory visit there were a lot of akward silences as he just ran out of things to say :O

He couldn't have been as bad as our CS student tour guide on last years open day. We just stood there looking at each other because he didn't seem to know what he was supposed to do.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hello :smile:
i'm applying to St Andrews because it is one of the prettiest places i've ever been to and it has an amazing reputation. Sending UCAS off on monday and it's my first choice so fingers crossed :s-smilie:

oh, and i'm applying for the modern history course (need AAB) - predicted AAA but from Cambridgeshire and worried about the whole scottish/english bias. Not sure whether it's a rumour or not :s-smilie:

(first post :woo: )
Reply 55
Originally posted by littlemisswyle

oh, and i'm applying for the modern history course (need AAB) - predicted AAA but from Cambridgeshire and worried about the whole scottish/english bias. Not sure whether it's a rumour or not

I'm applying for modern history as well. St Andrews doesn't generally have as bad a reputation as say Edinburgh when it comes to scottish/English bias. Really don't think it makes a huge difference - certainly shouldn't anyway! Best of luck!
Reply 56
littlemisswyle
oh, and i'm applying for the modern history course (need AAB) - predicted AAA but from Cambridgeshire and worried about the whole scottish/english bias. Not sure whether it's a rumour or not :s-smilie:

I think the weighting is so slight it barely matters. And in the case of St Andrews, I think the stats say there are more English students than there are Scots.. :P
Reply 57
Laroch
I think the weighting is so slight it barely matters. And in the case of St Andrews, I think the stats say there are more English students than there are Scots.. :P

Probably as English students have to pay? :p: :biggrin:
Reply 58
Kidms001
Probably as English students have to pay? :p: :biggrin:

Exactly, it's the one bad thing about free education.
Reply 59
Laroch
Exactly, it's the one bad thing about free education.

It happens with English universities too. London universities in particular take in a large volume of foreign students as they pay the full course fees instead of the capped £3000 odd it is for us. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending