The Student Room Group
Reply 1
don't wear just any make up, wear m&s make up
You can wear as much makeup as you like. Uniform is the same as the rest as the shop just you have to wear a cap and apron. It's ok, I prefered working in the shop part, used to hate being rostered into the cafe when they were stuck for people tbh.
Reply 3
You've never worked in a cafe before have you?
The amount of sweat dripping down your face during the busy periods you'll wish you hadn't.
Reply 4
I still work at m&s.. I have to say, it sucks balls. Although, to be fair, i work on ******' lingerie :frown:
Reply 5
Could be worse, try working out back in the warehouse. Might even be a worse job than serving customers.
Working in the café was always hell in the M&S branch I worked in. People complained constantly about how hard work it was.

The warehouse was actually a pretty good job, you weren't kept a too careful eye on by managers and you could pretty much wander around the store as you liked - friendly group of people in the warehouse to. Shame my boss was a total bitch and bullied the hell out of me, would've been fantastic job otherwise.
Reply 7
I work at Costa Coffee and it's a crap job. Can't wait until I quit to go to uni - fingers crossed. There's just so many customers and your on your feet all day so you get so exhuasted.
Reply 8
You can wear makeup. [foundation, mascara, eyeliner... whatever] I wouldn't wear lipstick or something though, lol.
Also flat black shoes. It's a navy blue uniform [trousers/short sleeved shirt or poloshirt/m&s navy cap]
Pay is £6.69 so it's good.
Reply 9
quwute
Recently got an offer for a job at Marks & Spencer - Cafe Revive. I was just wondering whether anyone who had worked there previously, knows whether or not a minimum amount of make up is allowed? also what is the uniform like?

The Marks & Spencers in my town (the cafe I mean) seems really chilled out, I take my grandad in there some times. :biggrin: Because seriously, I'd say 90% of all customers are pensioners. And they wear pinafore/apron type things don't they?
Reply 10
blatchcorn
I work at Costa Coffee and it's a crap job. Can't wait until I quit to go to uni - fingers crossed. There's just so many customers and your on your feet all day so you get so exhuasted.

You could say that about most 'consumer'-type jobs. It's the same for me at Boots. :yep: Besides, Costa has the best gingerbread latte :sogood: gave up Starbucks for life after tasting that bad boy.

Latest

Trending

Trending