The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
thisispuremadness
okay. so yesterday i was getting a train from stevenage to peterborough, like i do every week or so when i go to visit my dad.
so when i was on the platform i saw this man. he was black and wearing all white. he was obviously following me about the platform, and kept trying to get my attention by waving and knocking on the waiting room door.
when i got on the train he sat near me, and kept looking over. i felt uncomfortable so i moved to the next carraige. he then did the same. he was on the phone a lot, but he had two different phones, which i thought was strange.
i then got really scared and locked myself in the toilet for a bit.
when i got off at peterborough he was still following me, and asked me for my number. i said no, but was polite. and i thought he might have left..
then as i got to peterborough i was like trying to get him to go away by like meandering about. but he was following me and followed me right into the shops that i went into in the shopping center, and he was now with another man.
at this point i totally broke down and started crying.. i was really scared. and this other man asked if he could help me, get me a taxi home etc.. and took me to like the police people to talk to them a bit.
i mean i was really shaken up by this, and i know i was scared at the time. but now im not sure if i was overreacting.. like was he out to get me, or just wanted my number? or just a strange, maybe mentally ill person? i mean i don't know if he knew how old i am, but even if not i don't look anywhere near old enough for him.. am i just being a bit paranoid because he had two phones, was black, and didn't speak english?

How old are you OP? You sound a bit young to be getting the train on your own.
Faith01
No ,I mean that man who couldn't speak English but still chose to follow you, how did he ask for your number btw?

i think he spoke a tiny bit. but he ilike tapped me on the shoulder, pointed to my phone. and said.. "i give you a call? boyfriend?" with a lot of actions..
Stefan1991
How old are you OP? You sound a bit young to be getting the train on your own.

i'm 17.
Marvin211
The first time she mentioned he was black, fair enough. Like you said she was just describing him. But then at the end when she summed up everything that was not right about him, she also menioned the fact he was black, again.. giving me (and im assuming other people) the impression she was shook of him not only because of the two phones, the stalking etc (which is reason enough by the way) but also becuase he was black.

:rolleyes: She's just talking like any normal human being would talk after being stalked by some strange guy on the train.
Reply 44
thisispuremadness
i'm 17.

Oh, you sounded a bit younger. How then was he a paedophile? Lol. You are not an adult yet so I'll let you off but you should probably be handling situations like these a little bit better. It just seemed like this man was interested in acquainting himself with you, you didn't have to speak with him but don't panic either.
Reply 45
thisispuremadness
okay. so yesterday i was getting a train from stevenage to peterborough, like i do every week or so when i go to visit my dad.
so when i was on the platform i saw this man. he was black and wearing all white. he was obviously following me about the platform, and kept trying to get my attention by waving and knocking on the waiting room door.
when i got on the train he sat near me, and kept looking over. i felt uncomfortable so i moved to the next carraige. he then did the same. he was on the phone a lot, but he had two different phones, which i thought was strange.
when i got off at peterborough he was still following me, and asked me for my number. i said no, but was polite. and i thought he might have left..
then as i got to peterborough i was like trying to get him to go away by like meandering about. but he was following me and followed me right into the shops that i went into in the shopping center, and he was now with another man.
at this point i totally broke down and started crying.. i was really scared. and this other man asked if he could help me, get me a taxi home etc.. and took me to like the police people to talk to them a bit.
i mean i was really shaken up by this, and i know i was scared at the time. but now im not sure if i was overreacting.. like was he out to get me, or just wanted my number? or just a strange, maybe mentally ill person? i mean i don't know if he knew how old i am, but even if not i don't look anywhere near old enough for him.. am i just being a bit paranoid because he had two phones, was black, and didn't speak english?

To be honest, after he had asked for your number and you rejected him he should have known this was the point to stop following you. Although he shouldn't be following you anyway...unless of course you were a similar age but if there was a big age difference then its a bit creepy.

If this happens again on the train, try and sit next to some people so your not sat on your own / can pretend there your friends [I'm sure old people / other teenagers wouldn't mind if you explained to them why you needed to sit with them] Also, while out in town don't walk alone down side streets. I think you handled the situation pretty well OP.
Reply 46
His a pimp and he so wants you to work for him
morecambebay
She also said that him being black made her paranoid.

And? It's no different to saying there was some dodgy shaved headed massively built white bloke following her which made her paranoid. Or any other generic description of a dodgy person.

Someone gets stalked by some weirdo on the train and all people can do is jump on silly little things about being PC. Priorities? :rolleyes:
--Dan--
To be honest, after he had asked for your number and you rejected him he should have known this was the point to stop following you. Although he shouldn't be following you anyway...unless of course you were a similar age but if there was a big age difference then its a bit creepy.

If this happens again on the train, try and sit next to some people so your not sat on your own / can pretend there your friends [I'm sure old people / other teenagers wouldn't mind if you explained to them why you needed to sit with them] Also, while out in town don't walk alone down side streets. I think you handled the situation pretty well OP.

ahh thanks. :smile:
and yeah, i sat next to some big men, but they got of a few stations before i needed to.
thisispuremadness

That must have been horrible, i don't think you're overreacting at all. He seems like a ******* idiot, next time you just have to be firm with them, just shout 'No' if you have to. Was there not a train guard present that you could have spoken to? Or what you could have done, is just sat next to someone on the train, preferably where there is no space for the guy to sit near you. If you're in the shopping centre just walk up to someone who seems friendly and ask them to help you or just pretend your with them. I doubt they'd mind.
Reply 50
fire2burn
And? It's no different to saying there was some dodgy shaved headed massively built white bloke following her which made her paranoid. Or any other generic description of a dodgy person.

Someone gets stalked by some weirdo on the train and all people can do is jump on silly little things about being PC. Priorities? :rolleyes:

Lol this almost sounds as if you are saying just being black makes you look like a dodgy person :biggrin:
You're a pillock!
Reply 52
thisispuremadness
he was black

he had two different phones, which i thought was strange.

Those two things go hand-in-hand.
Reply 53
LOL, I do apologise OP. I confused you for someone else that day on the Train. :smile:
Reply 54
What's with the people telling her to get a grip? Pffft, it's not like women ever get stalked, sexually harrassed or raped on a regular basis - that poor man just wanted to have fun!
Reply 55
Well I don't see why you might think he was a paedophile for following a 17 year old girl. "Paedophile" actually means something specific, it's not just a catch all term for anyone who's a bit pervy.

Reminds me of a thread where a girl was worried that a guy she was planning to meet from the Internet might be a paedophile. She was 18. If he was a paedophile, he would have been thoroughly dissappointed.

But yeah, pretty creepy behaviour anyway. I'd probably be a little scared in that situation, and I'm a guy.
Reply 56
There are some idiots who think it's funny to do things like that.
Don't let it bother you at all.
Reply 57
thisispuremadness

I assume your the girl in your profile pic in which case you look 16 and definately not prepubescent so a paedo he is not. a complete weirdo posing as morgan freeman he is.
Reply 58
op on second thoughts he couldve been having a laugh, some girl thought i was following her after we got off the bus so i thought it would be funny to keep pace verytime she sped up eventually she started running and i loled. Idiot girl she lived across the road from me and went to the same college and thought i would take a different bus and route home? Paranoid people are so fun to **** with.
Cakeman
op on second thoughts he couldve been having a laugh, some girl thought i was following her after we got off the bus so i thought it would be funny to keep pace verytime she sped up eventually she started running and i loled. Idiot girl she lived across the road from me and went to the same college and thought i would take a different bus and route home? Paranoid people are so fun to **** with.

yeah but he was about 40, and hopefully lives nowhere near me.

Latest

Trending

Trending