The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes its gr8!!!! i met some random people last night from another MSc in the business school and went out down canal street which was different :smile: but really good fun!!!! so its great to be meeting so many new people.
i hope everyone else is having a wicked time and lets hope it continues!!! :biggrin:
my induction week starts tomorrow so should meet loadsa new people then as well!
LUV JO.XX
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
hey!! yea am having a great time here! :smile: going out to loaf tonight, was down at the SU and Scu bar last night, was gd fun!! hope to see more of you around
I was just walking into rusholme and saw a girl walking towards me displaying her ipod very proudly strapped on to her belt. it made me smile as it screamed "fresher".

the moral of this is don't wear your ipods on display for would be thieves. (even if it does make me laugh)

*Next words of wisdom will be for those people wearing big thick wooly coats and scarves and sunglasses on a hot day like today to look cool. i just don't understand them
Reply 4
im not a fresher at manchester, but i am a local so i headed on into town last night.. went to SCUbar and it was really busy, people dancing on tables and stuff - and a lot of nice looking women (not really my type though). i would not be disappointed if my freshers week was like manchesters, at all.
Reply 5
my mate was in the scu bar last night, he was with all the medics
Reply 6
Its good, but i cant get my net workin there lol. Well, I've got everything sorted, but I've come to activating it and cant access my student email - just keeps saying login failed.

But the place itself is great. Went to some place called the Ritz on wednesday, which had a 70s theme night, and found a bar that did vodka red bull for 80p :biggrin:
alcoholic
and found a bar that did vodka red bull for 80p :biggrin:

WHERE WHERe?!?!??!?!?!?? thats my drink of choice atm!!!!
Reply 8
Our hall bar does it for £1.40 which is still pretty cheap.

I love manchester - the freshers' ball last night was out of this world - best night so far. I didn't like greenish day - although they did sound very similar to green day, (i'm not a big fan of green day). The club in the cellar of the academy was so awesome though, I was there until 3am when it closed. I might go there every saturday night.
Chunky.saj
Our hall bar does it for £1.40 which is still pretty cheap.

I love manchester - the freshers' ball last night was out of this world - best night so far. I didn't like greenish day - although they did sound very similar to green day, (i'm not a big fan of green day). The club in the cellar of the academy was so awesome though, I was there until 3am when it closed. I might go there every saturday night.

Hmmm a good 30 of my tutees said it was crap and left by 11pm. My Freshers ball back in 2001 was **** too. Interesting comments there. What did everyone else thing to it?
i thought greenish day were pretty good, green day aren't my favourite band but i still liked them, i like more metal
Reply 11
Wasn't really that inspired... never enjoyed the whole meat-market cheese-pop thing. Still, Replay up in Academy 3 got pretty good once we let the DJs know that a little more Joy Division/New Order was needed.
new order as in non pop, or the new order dance (some1 called new order did the song for blade - the dance song!!!)
Reply 13
Qui Audet Vincit
new order as in non pop, or the new order dance (some1 called new order did the song for blade - the dance song!!!)

New Order as in Blue Monday and other top tunes :P
doenst mean anything to me sorry!
Reply 15
Qui Audet Vincit
doenst mean anything to me sorry!

Go and listen to that song.
It is an important part of everyone's musical education. And its GREAT to dance to.
i HATE dancing!! ive gotta be proper drunk, a lot more than i am now
i quite enjoyed the freshers ball last year, despite arguin with someone i just met and sliiping on my arse!

replay is soundin good from what i've heard, shall deffo be down there soon!
Reply 18
I'm definitely interested in going to frat party on wednesdays after hearing the kind of music at the freshers ball
Annik
I'm definitely interested in going to frat party on wednesdays after hearing the kind of music at the freshers ball

I'm off to frat party too.....

Latest

Trending

Trending