The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have you called them to ask why?
I will do now. I just wanted to check this hadn´t happened to lots of other people too...
What does the email actually say?

Have you been in contact with Bath during the cycle to ask about changing your course/withdrawing from them etc?
Call them and if they aren't helpful call UCAS.
Reply 5
jakemittle
Have you called them to ask why?

Don't suggest something so silly. That's what a logical human would do.
I would think "are they going to be there in the holidays?" (answer being probably based on getting an email.

I would pick up the phone and establish:

(i) Is it them saying no to me?
or
(ii) Is it them saying because I haven't been in touch they don't think I am interested?

Whilst doing this I would have all info to hand including any emails, letters I had from them, names and references. Along with these any info I felt important.

But instead people log onto a forum and ask people who don't (99.9999999%) have any idea about any specific application
I haven´t been in contact with them at all. Standard application far before the deadlines.

The email read :

This message is generated automatically by the system which maintains
accounts at the University of Bath.

Our records show that you are no longer an applicant to the University,
and therefore on Wednesday, 15 September your applicant account
will be closed.

If there is any information you wish to refer to in Application Tracker
please ensure you have taken a copy of it before the account is closed.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/applicant

University of Bath Account Team
not one to state possibly the obvious to the OP but Bath is your insurance choice .. any chance you may have met the criteria for your firm choice hence Bath cancelling out your insurance choice perhaps???
jojospacemunky
not one to state possibly the obvious to the OP but Bath is your insurance choice .. any chance you may have met the criteria for your firm choice hence Bath cancelling out your insurance choice perhaps???

Even if that were the case Bath should not be in contact about application statuses with anyone who is due to receive results on Thursday.

Part of the deal of getting early sight of A level results is that universities don't disclose those results or any decisions from them to applicants before the applicants have collected their results from their School/College.
Sigh. I just called them and they said it was a technical mistake by the computer team and means nothing at all. I don´t believe them though. I think for some reason, be it because i got into bristol or because I missed both offers i´ve not got a place at Bath. I guess there is only one way to find out though, play the waiting game!
jojospacemunky

Yeah I agree like. My first reaction to that would have been excitement at the prospect of getting into my firm! Either than or you have missed both your Firm AND Insurance! Be open-minded, and all the best love. :p:
Hi guys. i received this email today:

Dear Mr Biglowe,

and therefore on Wednesday, 15 September your applicant account (*****)
will be closed.

Bath is my insurance and Bristol is my first choice but the grades are the same AAB. Could this email mean i have the grades to get into Bristol and so Bath is ending my account or could it mean i havent got the grades for either. any help would be great.
Reply 12
I got that the other day too. I was unsuccessful.
Reply 13
Phone them!
ring them up and ask
Reply 15
Daaamm that is harsh if they already know you havent got grades :/
But ye ring them.

And next time.. reealise that an insurance choice is generally there to have lower grades just in case xD
Reply 16
severedbigi
Hi guys. i received this email today:

Dear Mr Biglowe,

and therefore on Wednesday, 15 September your applicant account (*****)
will be closed.

Bath is my insurance and Bristol is my first choice but the grades are the same AAB. Could this email mean i have the grades to get into Bristol and so Bath is ending my account or could it mean i havent got the grades for either. any help would be great.

Somebody else on TSR got email like that - they rang and was told it was a technical fault - personally I would ring anyway - fingers crossed its because you got your Firm !!!!
Reply 17
It appears someone has had the same email: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1366067

But call the uni anyways!

Edit: Beaten to it :p:
Thanks for all the info guys! I've just rang and they've said it was a technical error. I don't need this stress right now!
Reply 19
Haha, well..I'd guess a
1)Technichal fault
2)You got AAB or better and got into your firm
3)You got lower than AAB and are in clearing

If it is 2 or 3 thats very harsh on the uni's behalf as you dont know what your grades are yet.

EDIT: I'm glad it was a technichal fault. Good luck on Thursday :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending