The Student Room Group

help! put on 5lb in 10 days! does adios work?

hi there

i was doing well dieting (low carbs) then i got ill with flu, and basically ate bread and cake and carp, and i also feel bloated and water retaining. now ive put on 5lbs. whats the best way to get rid?

does adios the diet pill work?

also dont answer if you dont know what your talking about please, i dont need to hear 'atkins is bad for you' 'faddy diets will make you blow up like a balloon' basically i know alot about nutrition, i know carbs tend to make you hold more water and the fast weight loss low carbing is water weight mainly. but the loss of water shows in my face and makes it more defined. im a model and have a shoot coming up so i need to get rid fast

i reckon a herbal diet pill is betetr than taking dieuretics for water retention , since they would probably mess up the fluid balance of the kidneys and hypothalamus fucntion etc. but this one works on the thyroid anyone tried it does it work?

i know healthy eating ansd exceersise is best, but there isnt time, and im not unhealthy or fat anyhow

EDIT: sorry, most of the weight i need to lose is water, since i also have the time of the month, and carbs make me soak up water real fast. but im scared of the water tablets, apparantly they thicken the consistency of blood by reducing water content of plasma, while leaving the water bkloating the tissures intact
Reply 1
You gained water back, not fat. To lose it again cut the carbs again. Not that hard to figure out.
The last time I had flu I couldn't eat anything for 3 days, lets alone cake.
Reply 3
Slim-Fast :holmes:
Reply 4
If you had flu you wouldn't have been eating anything
Reply 5
no dudes, when i get flu, colds, chest infections diahorrea i crave easily digested carbs and sugars. i cant digest fibrey veg or protein, i really need glucose. so i tend to go for plain sponge or white bread with honey.

but then i puff up like a balloon with all the water and carbs! im too scared of the water tablets though
Adios doesn't work. It's just a bunch of herbs that don't do anything.

Stop binging on carbs and eat some fresh fruit and veg with some lean chicken, fish. It's not rocket science and no quick fix pill is going to work.
Reply 7
Im sure that weight will quickly drop of, its mainly water :smile:
shinytoy
hi there

i was doing well dieting (low carbs) then i got ill with flu, and basically ate bread and cake and carp, and i also feel bloated and water retaining. now ive put on 5lbs. whats the best way to get rid?

does adios the diet pill work?

also dont answer if you dont know what your talking about please, i dont need to hear 'atkins is bad for you' 'faddy diets will make you blow up like a balloon' basically i know alot about nutrition, i know carbs tend to make you hold more water and the fast weight loss low carbing is water weight mainly. but the loss of water shows in my face and makes it more defined. im a model and have a shoot coming up so i need to get rid fast

i reckon a herbal diet pill is betetr than taking dieuretics for water retention , since they would probably mess up the fluid balance of the kidneys and hypothalamus fucntion etc. but this one works on the thyroid anyone tried it does it work?

i know healthy eating ansd exceersise is best, but there isnt time, and im not unhealthy or fat anyhow

EDIT: sorry, most of the weight i need to lose is water, since i also have the time of the month, and carbs make me soak up water real fast. but im scared of the water tablets, apparantly they thicken the consistency of blood by reducing water content of plasma, while leaving the water bkloating the tissures intact

Yeh dont go for water tablets they do totally mess up your blood and adios is no good.
Reply 9
Jennie1987
Yeh dont go for water tablets they do totally mess up your blood and adios is no good.

how do you know? have you tried either of them?
shinytoy
how do you know? have you tried either of them?

Yes Ive tried adios and was about to try water tablets (in June) when I mentioned it to my doctor and he was like 'no, no, no' and gave all these reasons and its especially bad if you use them in hot weather (dont know about you but the SW has been hot for months and months).
If you lose weight too fast I think you might get stretch marks tho
Anonymous
If you lose weight too fast I think you might get stretch marks tho

You dont get stretch marks by losing wait - in any way - you get excess skin by losing weight too fast.
Reply 13
look guys im gonna try dieuretics for a week. i have my period too and i feel and look like a damn waterbed
:facepalm: silly idea but youll still do it.
Reply 15
i dont know what else to do im so squishy and puffy and all my face is all swllen, it is real bad water retention, im only eating salad, cheese, and hot chocolate no salt so i dont see how else to rid of it
shinytoy
i dont know what else to do im so squishy and puffy and all my face is all swllen, it is real bad water retention, im only eating salad, cheese, and hot chocolate no salt so i dont see how else to rid of it

Errr let your body work it out? Eat more than the ridiculous stuff you are but not carbs? Youre not doing your body any good with that 'diet' and youll muck it up even more with diuretics.

If you do at least just go with natural stuff (having improved your eating regime) like asparagus, parsley or celery with of course a heightened water intake. But dont just eat this and dont just eat this and what youre currently doing.

Latest