The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

like someone else said, will laptops be checked?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 41
Checked to see if it's PAT tested? No, the PAT testing isn't enforced... unless you give them reason to.
It's not checked for any other reason either.
cause the bit you put in the charger in mines is a little bit dodgy :frown: so i was a bit worried there lol :P
How are the open days? :colone:
Reply 44
Vitamin D
How are the open days? :colone:

Excellent. Sealed the deal for me going. Great if its a sunnyday, gives a great experience of what a campus uni is like. also explains how courses work, how degree works, what subjects you can take and student experiences and halls

Very friendly :smile: I suggest you visit if you are htinking of applying as stirling really excels in that aspect
Ronar
Excellent. Sealed the deal for me going. Great if its a sunnyday, gives a great experience of what a campus uni is like. also explains how courses work, how degree works, what subjects you can take and student experiences and halls

Very friendly :smile: I suggest you visit if you are htinking of applying as stirling really excels in that aspect

I'm definitely visiting :blushing:, I've only heard good things about Stirling, 90% sure that it's going to be my firm if I get an offer.
Reply 46
-Neon-
You're not allowed a deep fat fryer.
You're allowed a mini-fridge, toastie maker, toaster etc.
Don't bring anything that's a fire hazard, like candles or Christmas tree lights.

Magic.

Cheers.
RyanC
Magic.

Cheers.

Just keep in mind the rooms aren't huge so you'll have to pop your fridge under your desk or something.
Reply 48
marieisfab
What modules are you doing? I'll give you a hand.

I can't remember what it's like to be in first year.

Would you give me a hand? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hahaha

My place has been confirmed and all :biggrin: I've registered my modules and applied for accom. ... can't enrol til 1st Sep for some reason :p: I think that's it!! :lol:
Reply 49
Leahcar
Would you give me a hand? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hahaha

My place has been confirmed and all :biggrin: I've registered my modules and applied for accom. ... can't enrol til 1st Sep for some reason :p: I think that's it!! :lol:

Don't worry nobody can enrol till 1st :wink:

Where have you applied to live?
Reply 50
Ronar
Don't worry nobody can enrol till 1st :wink:

Where have you applied to live?

Murray halls was my 1st choice, then Davidson, then ASH then Geddes! lol
I suppose you're gonna tell me my first choice is some form of brothel or drug den? :p: :wink: hahahaha
Reply 51
Leahcar
Murray halls was my 1st choice, then Davidson, then ASH then Geddes! lol
I suppose you're gonna tell me my first choice is some form of brothel or drug den? :p: :wink: hahahaha

I'll tell you it was my home for the year, and obviously the best :wink:

I want to go back. The porters are awesome and I met some of the most incredible people there. It's the closest to the atrium and they have a wii downstairs :p: I can only hope you get a room there as they might all be allocated by now :/

I want to go back :frown: But I'm looking forward to my flat which will have cupboards with locks and a freezer... :p:
Reply 52
Ronar
I'll tell you it was my home for the year, and obviously the best :wink:

I want to go back. The porters are awesome and I met some of the most incredible people there. It's the closest to the atrium and they have a wii downstairs :p: I can only hope you get a room there as they might all be allocated by now :/

I want to go back :frown: But I'm looking forward to my flat which will have cupboards with locks and a freezer... :p:

Aww that's good :biggrin: lol
I know that's my worry too! QUB took so blooooooooody long to reject me like :frown: but I think it says on the website that all freshers are guarenteed some form of accommodation so as long as I'm not in a cardboard box all year I'll be fine! :p:
Reply 53
Leahcar
Aww that's good :biggrin: lol
I know that's my worry too! QUB took so blooooooooody long to reject me like :frown: but I think it says on the website that all freshers are guarenteed some form of accommodation so as long as I'm not in a cardboard box all year I'll be fine! :p:

You may end up off campus or in ali court :s-smilie: I have no idea though off campus is good too means its a 5 second walk to tescos and the pub :colone:
Reply 54
marieisfab
Just keep in mind the rooms aren't huge so you'll have to pop your fridge under your desk or something.

yeah it'll just be a mini fridge :smile:
Ronar
You may end up off campus or in ali court :s-smilie: I have no idea though off campus is good too means its a 5 second walk to tescos and the pub :colone:

2 minute walk to Tesco, 5 minute walk to town.

Thinnest walls known to man. I would never advise anyone to live in Union Street/Lower Bridge Street, etc.
Leahcar

hahaha

Don't worry about enrolling. I can't re-enroll either until the 1st and it's not a disaster if you don't do it until the 2nd or 3rd. The biggest thing you'll every have to worry about missing is registering for seminar classes - the good times fill up ridiculously quickly (I'll be getting up at 9am every day of Freshers weeks to make sure I can get the best class times).

For your timetable, what modules are you doing? Name or code is fine and I'll see if I can give you a decent idea of when you'll be in lectures.
Reply 57
marieisfab
Don't worry about enrolling. I can't re-enroll either until the 1st and it's not a disaster if you don't do it until the 2nd or 3rd. The biggest thing you'll every have to worry about missing is registering for seminar classes - the good times fill up ridiculously quickly (I'll be getting up at 9am every day of Freshers weeks to make sure I can get the best class times).

For your timetable, what modules are you doing? Name or code is fine and I'll see if I can give you a decent idea of when you'll be in lectures.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeep.... and when do you do that!?!? :s-smilie: lmao I actually have no idea about any of this :frown: lol I'm gonna arrive soooo un-prepared like... I'm actually the biggest fluke in the world hahahaha.

As for modules- 2 compulsory ones are FRE9A1, and SPA9B1.
The 3 I had to choose and rank in order of preference were LIN911, EDU9E1 & SPC911. The EDU one is def education :p: lol!! The other 2 were language in society and social something or other.. but I can't remember which is which lol :p:
Normally they open up seminar registrations after your introductory lecture, but some open up earlier. You select your classes either through WebCT or you have to go and sign up in person.

I'll have a look at your timetables in the morning - I'm just in from work so pretty tired.
Leahcar
As for modules- 2 compulsory ones are FRE9A1, and SPA9B1.
The 3 I had to choose and rank in order of preference were LIN911, EDU9E1 & SPC911. The EDU one is def education :p: lol!! The other 2 were language in society and social something or other.. but I can't remember which is which lol :p:

FRE9A1 - You have a lecture on Mondays at 11 in the Pathfoot Lecture Theatre, thought it looks like this lecture is shared with another module (9A3). This is your only certain class for French, the rest you have a choice for. I'm not too sure about any of the particulars, but it looks like you have the choice of seminars. I'm afraid I don't really understand how it works as they've been split into two and then there's multiple times for each group, which makes no sense to me - timetable isn't very clear. The same can be said about your language labs (LL) - there are a lot of them, but they're not distinguished in any way so I'm not sure if you go to just one or all of them.

I'm afraid the same can be said for SPA9B1 - lots of options, but the timetable isn't very clear.

Which of the other three modules did you rank first?

Quick Reply

Latest