The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They shouldn't be allowed to evade the fines, but it is worth noting they spend a lot of money while visiting the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1301419/Invasion-Bling-ionaires.html

[sorry about the daily fail source]
Good for them. I would do it too.
From here on in, all non-EU cars parked illegally in the UK should be impounded with a release fee proportionate to the owner's wealth, which must be paid in person within 36 hours of the issuance of the ticket before significant interest accumulates hourly on the ticket.

Being a rich Sheikh is not carte blanche to piss all over our laws.
fair play to them. I would do the same if I was a billionaire. Oh yeah the guys with the Veyrons are the new owners of Harrods.
Reply 5
themanbearpig
fair play to them. I would do the same if I was a billionaire. Oh yeah the guys with the Veyrons are the new owners of Harrods

Yeah,
one rule for the super rich, one rule for the plebs...
Reply 6
Eh, who cares, they and their huge families spend more in a days shopping in London than most people here will ever spend in their lives. I mean they are supporting our economy in a massive way. TBH when you are that rich you kinda are above the law.
I mean yeah they've evaded like £50 of parking fines, but then they've gone and spent probably £100,000 in VAT alone in Harrods or a Mayfair jeweller..
Reply 7
Tefhel
Eh, who cares, they and their huge families spend more in a days shopping in London than most people here will ever spend in their lives. I mean they are supporting our economy in a massive way. TBH when you are that rich you kinda are above the law.
I mean yeah they've evaded like £50 of parking fines, but then they've gone and spent probably £100,000 in VAT alone in Harrods or a Mayfair jeweller..

I see exactly what you're saying. But it's the principle isn't it, all equal under the law. If we start saying the super rich are immune from minor laws such as parking, why wouldn't they be immune from GBH? It also breeds resentment from plebs such as myself.
Reply 8
I dont see how they 'dodge' this? Surely a fine notice is sent to the registrant etc. automatically and if they don't pay or turn up to court then a warrant for arrest is put out?
Also if you live in London, you can thank the middle eastern oil barrens for holding up the London housing market. They are buying up everything and anything paying silly prices, forcing the prices up for everyone.
Great if you hold lots of property in the area, but rubbish for people like us being born 15 years too late, practically making it impossible to ever live in the capital.
Chrrye
I dont see how they 'dodge' this? Surely a fine notice is sent to the registrant etc. automatically and if they don't pay or turn up to court then a warrant for arrest is put out?

Come on, these are the guys that spend thousands to fly their super cars over from the gulf states, drive around a bit, and then send them back.

Look at all the arabic plates in London. Technically, its illegal for them to use them here, but we all know the super rich are exempt from our laws.

Latest

Trending

Trending