The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Orrr.. you could just go online.. and check for the soonest available time like the rest of us.

P.s. Doing it earlier isnt a good thing.. you may not be ready.
But if you ARE ready.. just do it yourself.. why spend pointless money?
I am ready, i failed one test a month ago. Feel as ready as im ever going to be

Ive been checking for the last few days now and found nothing.

btw love your cat gif :tongue:
Anyone? how good is this cancellation checker?
Reply 4
20 quid is a lot on top of your test, but if you are desperate why not I guess.
Reply 5
I bought it because i cba to refresh the dsa page every second. It found me an earlier test too so it works - its not as quick as you think it is though; it automatically searches every minute if you leave it running in the background, once a date is found it then sends a notification to the system, you then get a text about a minute later, takes a good minute to log on to the dsa website and you can sometimes end up missing out on the slot. There are way to many stages involved to get a cancellation, but it does work.
LufcEllandRoad
Anyone? how good is this cancellation checker?

I would really recommend this checker sofware.

I have got it with the mobile alerts and the £19.99 is cheap compareed to how many lessons you would have maintaining your standard whilst waiting for your next test.

I have failed 3 tests and after failing my first i have done all of my tests exactly 2 weeks after (as soon as it was possible, 10 working days).

I did the 16th July, 30th July, 13th August.

So it found both the 30th and the 13th tests plus today it has just found me a test for 27th August which will be my 4th and i just got a text saying its found the 1st september but i chose not to swap it to the 1st sept as i want it asap.

Would be very useful!!
How would they know about this thread?
Alfresco
I bought it because i cba to refresh the dsa page every second. It found me an earlier test too so it works - its not as quick as you think it is though; it automatically searches every minute if you leave it running in the background, once a date is found it then sends a notification to the system, you then get a text about a minute later, takes a good minute to log on to the dsa website and you can sometimes end up missing out on the slot. There are way to many stages involved to get a cancellation, but it does work.

i was reading the FAQ, i thought you just text back and it gets you your slot? how does it work if you have to logon to the dsa site?

also welcome to TSR lovemetender :biggrin:

edit either way, welcome to a new account :wink:
theronkinator
You joined just to post that, clearly work for them and I'd never use a company that has to resort to such sleazy methods to get custom.

I forgot my old logon actually you moron
Reply 10
What page do you guys check for driving test cancellations?

If you like, I could set something up so it emails/texts you when a slot becomes free. Or make a desktop app which alerts you? Wouldnt be too hard to make, and would give me something to do during summer boredom.. you wouldn't have to fork out £20 either.
Reply 11
Lovemetender30
I would really recommend this checker sofware.

I have got it with the mobile alerts and the £19.99 is cheap compareed to how many lessons you would have maintaining your standard whilst waiting for your next test.

I have failed 3 tests and after failing my first i have done all of my tests exactly 2 weeks after (as soon as it was possible, 10 working days).

I did the 16th July, 30th July, 13th August.

So it found both the 30th and the 13th tests plus today it has just found me a test for 27th August which will be my 4th and i just got a text saying its found the 1st september but i chose not to swap it to the 1st sept as i want it asap.

Would be very useful!!

I failed 2 times too :frown:.
1st time. I did bad on overtaking a cycle on a dual cw.
2nd time. I should of passed but he failed me on parallel parking becuase he said i didn't look at the rear window as much as i should of.

you?
Reply 12
asdalol
What page do you guys check for driving test cancellations?

If you like, I could set something up so it emails/texts you when a slot becomes free. Or make a desktop app which alerts you? Wouldnt be too hard to make, and would give me something to do during summer boredom.. you wouldn't have to fork out £20 either.

Are you serious? :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Brince
Are you serious? :s-smilie:

:lol: Hell Yeah, I'm serious. I've had a look at that software, it's nothing special really. I could seriously come up with something better with a few weeks of work.

I have a few years of professional programming experience with both online and desktop based software, and run my own software company. I've just emailed my business partner about this and if he's interested then I can seriously get to work on a project like this.

I'm going to start taking driving lessons in the next few weeks, so programming something to book me canceled appointments is something I'd end up doing anyway :p:

What I could do...

Either make a windows desktop app like that website has, make it check the website contently for any canceled tests and alert/text/email the user. Wouldn't be too hard to have the software actually book the test also.

Or set up an online website where you register, my server checks the DSA website for canceled tests and it alerts you, you can then choose to book it or not off the website. The whole process is pretty automated. No need to download and install any software and leave it running.

I'll look into it more tomorrow :smile: and speak to my friend and plan it further after results day when I'll have a lot of free time before uni.

And charging people £20 is a bit much IMO, I could sell it for £5-10 which is really more affordable as driving tests already cost too damn much. I would of course give out free copies to any TSR users such as yourself :yep:

If you have any ideas or anything, seriously PM me :smile: Anyways, off to bed now.. I shall be awake at 6pm
Reply 14
asdalol
:lol: Hell Yeah, I'm serious. I've had a look at that software, it's nothing special really. I could seriously come up with something better with a few weeks of work.

I have a few years of professional programming experience with both online and desktop based software, and run my own software company. I've just emailed my business partner about this and if he's interested then I can seriously get to work on a project like this.

I'm going to start taking driving lessons in the next few weeks, so programming something to book me canceled appointments is something I'd end up doing anyway :p:

What I could do...

Either make a windows desktop app like that website has, make it check the website contently for any canceled tests and alert/text/email the user. Wouldn't be too hard to have the software actually book the test also.

Or set up an online website where you register, my server checks the DSA website for canceled tests and it alerts you, you can then choose to book it or not off the website. The whole process is pretty automated. No need to download and install any software and leave it running.

I'll look into it more tomorrow :smile: and speak to my friend and plan it further after results day when I'll have a lot of free time before uni.

And charging people £20 is a bit much IMO, I could sell it for £5-10 which is really more affordable as driving tests already cost too damn much. I would of course give out free copies to any TSR users such as yourself :yep:

If you have any ideas or anything, seriously PM me :smile:

Nice dude.... I'll make sure to let you know when im ready to book my third test. ( It will be maybe around oct/nov)
Reply 15
Guys, use this one instead:

http://drivingtestscanner.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/dashboard.aspx

I get an email when a slot becomes available and it's free.

Nice, will give it a look :biggrin:

Anyone else using this?
LufcEllandRoad

Edit, wait what is my application reference number? :s-smilie:

Check your test confirmation email - the application ref no should be on there, near the top next to the test centre details.
Reply 18
LufcEllandRoad

Edit, wait what is my application reference number? :s-smilie:

I used both the scanner and the cancellation checker just in case ;D But the checker was pretty good. About 99% of the time the slot the free scanner came up with had already been reserved for 10 mins by my cancellation checker. And then all I'd have to do is reply 'book'. I'd say get the cancellation checker if you don't want to be logging onto the DSA every minute and typing in details.. but if you're not fussed about doing that, stick with the scanner.

The checker does work though.. I got my 22nd October test down to the 6th September with 2 changes.

Or alternatively, you can wait til the guy who posted up top makes that program. I wish I'd been a computer programmer... :rolleyes: since it is definitely possible to make a program like it.
jellybeanjen
Check your test confirmation email - the application ref no should be on there, near the top next to the test centre details.

Latest