• 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Played some good stuff at times, could've easily won by more. :manutd:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Good solid win.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got to clap my hands at Scholes' performance tonight, amazing. Giggs' goal too. Wow.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Masterclass by Scholesy. What a footballing brain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good win tonight, I was very pleased with the performance tbh. Normally our first opening day performance is a little bit flat but we end up getting the result. Especially tonight in the second half, we were excellent. Some real fluency in our passing and movement and Scholesy was probably wetting Franco Baldinis' pants with his display.

Rooney does look like he is lacking match sharpness but he'll come good. BTW have we got a second physio alongside our current one? When Paddy got injured late in the second half, there were two physios attending to him.

But anyhow, good start to the campaign.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great start to the season. Scholes was the best player on the pitch by quite a way, if he's on form we don't lack any creativity from midfield :awesome:

Giggs' goal was :sogood:

I think Nani drifting inside has the potential to be very effective. That what he wants to do from the left, and Evra is able to compensate for him not being on his wing.

Also hope Evra is ok, it didn't look too bad. It was a silly tackle tbh, the whistle had gone so Evra wasn't expecting anything making it a bit more dangerous.

More of this please :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Based on the opening weekend, only 2 teams with the quality to win the title. And 1 played a team who couldnt make a defensive wall. Lot of optimisim towards our title chances, in fact, I think we will win it. and last year I said we wouldn't.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Based on the squads and any logic whatsoever there's only 2 teams with the quality to win the title tbh.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Based on the squads and any logic whatsoever there's only 2 teams with the quality to win the title tbh.
    Blackpool and Chelsea? :awesome:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel for United that Scholes and Giggs only have this season (and maybe next) left in them, without anyone who really has the same authority they do in midfield.

I find that Fletcher and Carrick only play well when complementing Scholes and can't play together.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay[B)
    ]I actually feel for United that Scholes and Giggs only have this season[/B] (and maybe next) left in them, without anyone who really has the same authority they do in midfield.

I find that Fletcher and Carrick only play well when complementing Scholes and can't play together.
    Agreed...SAF must have sort of plan...unless they all sail of into the sunset together. :lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Replacing giggs and scholes will be tough, especially thre latter as i dont see a potential successor at the club. i dont see any improvement in carrick or gibsons game. Anderson is more of a short range passer and i still dont beleive hes improved at the club as well. There are a few talented youngsters in the youth team like petrucci\eikrem etc. I dont know whats happened to possebon as well.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would love for Gibson to break into the first team properly. :adore: But I'm in no hurry for Paul (first-namebasisLAD) to retire anytime soon.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Giggs is more replaceable than Scholes in some ways but he too will be hard to replace. Scholesy would be slightly harder to replace because players like him are rare. Anderson in his first season did display some very good long-range passing but I don't think he's a natural at the role that Scholes plays and there's a question a question mark next to him. Carrick has been very inconsistent over the last season or so. Possebon did look like he had some sort of potential to replace him but he's faded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scholes ....IS ACTUALLY God....

Unbelievable player.
Updated: June 16, 2011
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.