The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Yeah i quite like my indie music, im into more heavier stuff than indie mainly tho. I take it you like indie then?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there, Well I prefer writing and performing more of the heavier side of Indie music as I think it suits my voice, Although I like The Smashing Pumkins and bands of the genre. I think Jeff Buckley though was a genius.
Reply 3
cool, i take it you'll be going to the alternative music night in freshers week then?
Reply 4
count me in, i havnt missed an alternative night here in portsmouth for 3 months straight, love the stuff!
Reply 5
Ive already bought tickets for the Tom Vek gig at the Brum academy, really loking forward to that actally.

I suppose my favourite genre could be classed as Indie, but im into a variety of stuff, from jazz to metal to funky ****. Suppose thts comes with being a drummer though.
Reply 6
Woo! I'm so excited about going. There is one gig that will be amazing, the Bloodhound Gang who I like a fair bit, but supported by Electric Eel Shock who played in my wee town a lil while back, they are a hilarious Japanese rock and roll band. Download some of their stuff and join me.
Helix
count me in, i havnt missed an alternative night here in portsmouth for 3 months straight, love the stuff!

I just got back from my first one tonight!

It was soooo good! I may just come back every Monday to go!
Reply 8
Thanks for all the message guys...

My band The Mexicolas will be performing on Friday 25th November at The Bar Academy in Dale End Birmingham and go onstage at 11pm if anyone is up for it !

You can check out our music if you want at;
http://www.themexicolas.com/mp3player/audio.php

Cheers

Jamie
I like the sound of you! I might just come down!
Lil Lee
I like the sound of you! I might just come down!

Thank you Lil Lee Lee.. Please intoroduce yourself then and say hi if you decide to come to see us perform !

Jamie
Reply 11
There are alot of indie fans here in London! see ya soon!
The Mexicolas next London gig; Tuesday 8th November (Headline)

The Bull & Gate on Kentish Town Rd Kentish Town (London)

£5 Entrance (Onstage at 10pm)

The Mexicolas next Birmingham gig; Friday 25th November (Headline)

The Bar Academy in Dale End (Birmingham)

£3 Entrance (Onstage at 11pm)

Hear The Mexicolas

www.themexicolas.com

http://www.myspace.com/mexicolas

Latest