The Student Room Group

Advice for my course

I'm thinking about applying for PPE for 2011. At the moment I do Maths, Economics, Religious Studies and Physics. In my first module at AS I got AABB in Maths, RS, Economics and Physics respectively. I have done a re-sit of the first Economics module along with my second module exams which i'll be getting the results for in a few weeks. My teachers have predicted me AAAB, the B being in Physics which I intend to drop in September. I feel confident that I can achieve A's in Maths and RS, however i'm not too sure about Economics.

I didn't really know what I wanted to do when I chose my AS Levels. I still don't really have a clue about what career I want to choose once I have finished my degree. However from simply browsing the subjects available on the UCAS website, this is the course which appeals to me the most, or at least some variant of it. If I was to only do two of the subjects, Philosophy would probably be one of them as that is the subject which I find the most interesting.

I haven't visited any Universities yet, I have only filled out the main details for UCAS so far. My ideal University to study PPE, without too much research would be York. It is fairly close to home, probably less than an hour drive, yet a very well respected University. I also looked quite a lot at Lancaster, which is high in the University League tables, but only required ABB for PPE. I live in Hull, so I suppose Hull University could be my "back-up back-up".

I would just generally like to know what kind of places I should be applying for, what I can be doing to improve my chance of getting in the better Universities etc... What books would you suggest that I read so that I can add to my personal statement?

Latest

Trending

Trending