The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
embo1209
I'm hoping to do Maths at Royal Holloway
I was just wondering how flexible they were with grade requirements, has anyone ever got in without meeting the conditional grades?

Hey, I'm pretty confident that Royal Holloway has been leniant for Mathematics (and many more courses). I know this, because I was an ex-student there. They were in clearing last year, and the main requirements were that you have an A in Maths, and the other two A Levels were quite irrelevant as far as they were concerned.

I know someone who got in with ACC (she was in my flat :smile:). Again they were very persistent you have the A in Maths.

Of course it might be different this year, but just sharing what I know from last year! :p:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hey, I missed 2 of my grades for my course, but still got in. I guess it depends how many people have got the grades and whether they're oversubscribed or not. Good luck!
Reply 3
So hopefully as long as I get the A in maths, I should still get in :smile:
Thank you
Go into results day with the assumption that if you miss your grades (regardless of by how few marks) you will not be getting in then anything else will be a pleasant surprise. Its pointless trying to predict these things - just because someone got in last year with the same grades as you does not mean you'll be getting in this year.
Reply 5
more flexible than ucl
embo1209
So hopefully as long as I get the A in maths, I should still get in :smile:
Thank you

im excited for you
embo1209

I hope you understand that my previous post was no guarantee that RHUL will be lenient this year, and I think you should heed Oxymoronic's advice if you feel you have missed the grades. That way, you can prepare yourself for every possibility, including clearing.
Reply 8
Given that a lot of their courses end up in Clearing, I'm inclined to say 'quite'.
Reply 9
Magical Moogles
I hope you understand that my previous post was no guarantee that RHUL will be lenient this year, and I think you should heed Oxymoronic's advice if you feel you have missed the grades. That way, you can prepare yourself for every possibility, including clearing.

I know, but if they're courses have been in clearing before then there's more chance that they will be this year.

I should have met the offer, but I'm just panicking as it's so close to results!

Latest

Trending

Trending