The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

telephone dvla maybe they will give you a reference number
I'd be surpised. My sister turned up to her theory test with only the paper part of her driving licence, and her passport as ID, and they refused to let her take it as she didn't have the plastic card part. Utterly ridiculous. Obviously different to your situation but shows they are pinickerty f***s!
hmmm, true. the thing is, i used the certificate number to book my test, and i have the certificate number. so i wondered if they would mind. eek! i really want to do my test!!! :frown:
emilyameliarose
hmmm, true. the thing is, i used the certificate number to book my test, and i have the certificate number. so i wondered if they would mind. eek! i really want to do my test!!! :frown:

When I did my test, the examiner didn't even ask for my theory certificate as she already had the ref. number from when I booked.
I'd phone the centre in the morning to check, though, just to be on the safe side.
Good luck! :smile:
ETA: I think she didn't want to see the certificate because she could see it in my hand, so I'm not sure whether what I've said up there is true. I'd try checking the house again, and if you have no luck then phone in the morning and see what they say.
Reply 5
Turn the house upside down. They don't tell you to bring both parts for a laugh, you need both parts to take the test.
emilyameliarose
hiya! i have my practical test tomorrow (eek!) and i have the two parts of my driving license, but i can't find my theory test certificate...
i have the theory test number saved on my phone, i just don't have the paper certificate :s
do you think they will still let me take the test?!:confused:

Nope, they are seriously strict about that just try looking more.
hmm, well i have completely looked everywhere and safe to say it is totally lost. everyone has mixed views on whether you need it or not :frown: i really hope they dont refuse me the test:frown:
Reply 8
They didn't ask for mine I don't think. As long as you have both parts of your licence, it should be fine, I think.

Talk to your instructor.
ive tried calling my instructor but he wont answer! typical. i guess we will have to see :'( i just want to be able to driveeee!!! so frustrating hey :smile:
Reply 10
You don't always need it, I think they only ask a percentage of drivers during the day to show it, I took five tests and not once did they look at my theory certificate
I had my test yesterday, and wasn't asked for it. I took it with me but there is no way he could have known I had it as it wasn't in my hand and I was allowed to sit my test :tongue: So you can either risk it, or phone up and ask in the morning.
Reply 12
I think it will be OK (don't take my word though)

My examiner didn't look at mine. You couldn't have booked your test without out it so they know you have one.
i thought i'd lost mine when i retook mine a few weeks ago (the last one timed out - i didnt fail!) and mine asked for it both times
Oh, I'm a donut, I was thinking of the paper licence.

Yeah, they never saw my theory certificate, though I had it with me.
Reply 15
Oh no, I have my test in a week and I forgot when mine is :s-smilie: Thanks you reminding me! Hope you find yours :smile:
Reply 16
They never asked to look at mine on either of my two tests :smile:
And I've had friends who have said they lost it and were never asked..

They don't really need it, as it's impossible to book the test without a valid certificate number.
You don't need it. You used the Theory certificate number to book your test in the first place

Just take your plastic and paper license and you'll be fine. My previous instructor has been teaching for like 30 years and he said it wasn't needed.
If you don't manage to find it by tomorrow just turn up anyway and don't say a word until/if they say something. Don't ring the test centre to tell/ask them because that's just alerting them of the situation chances are that they will say you cannot take the test unless you have it. No point in volunteering information unless asked.

You could phone the DSA main number and find out what the implications are but don't give them anything that can identify you such as your license number, test centre etc, unless of course they can help you out in anyway, e.g. speaking to the test centre
okay well thank you all for the advice! i think i will ring the DSA tomorrow, ask about it, and if they say i cant do it well its my fault for losing my sheet! :smile:
but yeah i will take your advice and not give them any info about me incase they refuse to let me take it :tongue: hopefully all will be okay, although the test centre i do my test at is always sooo so strict
i cant remember if on any of my last tests they even asked for it, but i think they might have!
oh well.... time will tell :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending