The Student Room Group
Boring. Boring. And also quite dull. If you have a good memory then it's easy; otherwise it's hard. Basically it's just learning a load of info and then regurgitating it in exam conditions. The exam isn't too bad - 25 marks multiple choice, 65 marks short answers and two 5 mark essays to be done in 2 hours. The hardest part is wording everything very particularly as the SQA can be quite petty about wording. But it's fine.
Its not too bad. You just have to work harder since your crashing it. But it should be ok. Just keep reading over notes everyday!
Reply 3
Do you enjoy sciences/are you good at them? If so you should find Biology ok. Everyone is different though, some people find some subjects hard. Like the user above said, keep reading your notes :smile:
INT 2 Biology was probably the easiest subject I ever did during my INT 2s/SGs. You just need to remember stuff and it's not that hard. Just get tested, write stuff down, there are tons of ways to remember things and that's all INT 2 Bio really is. Sure, there are some basic problem solving questions but nothing too taxing. It will also set you up nicely for Higher Bio if may be considering that option in the future because it's basically the same but obviously higher is more in depth and there are more PS skills to acquire.
Reply 5
Int 2 Biology was my favourite subject and most enjoyable school experience ever, I think. I think it's the easiest of all the sciences and it's always good to have at least one, so even just from that point of view it's worth it. But I found it really interesting, and there's plenty of experiments and stuff, which is always good. There's nothing complicated like equations and formulae, and most of the problem solving is just really basic graph stuff and basic common sense from reading the information you're given.

I'd wager you'll love it, go for it :wink:
Obviously it depends on personal preference, as I disagree with most of Aurora's post! I think that the mathematical marks which are involved in physics are much easier to pick up than ones in biology, especially considering how picky the SQA is for biology.
Reply 7
derangedyoshi
Obviously it depends on personal preference, as I disagree with most of Aurora's post! I think that the mathematical marks which are involved in physics are much easier to pick up than ones in biology, especially considering how picky the SQA is for biology.

Hmm... Actually, yes, it depends on how your head works. I was a lot better at remembering the facts (because I found it so interesting that I wanted to remember them) and remembering how to phrase things than remembering how to apply formulae and stuff... Once you get the hang of it, it's easy enough, but derangedyoshi has a point - the SQA can be a bit picky about certain wording or phrases or whatever.

Still. Go for it :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending