The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i havent got one yet either.

apparently there is a magazine and a letter with a code on it that allows u to order tickets from the box office for freshers week
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Nope me not got one either...who do you contact to get one if you don't have one?
Reply 3
Email [email protected] and ask for a code. I think the welcome pack you're referring to is the freshers stuff sent by SUSU, not the university welcome guide, right?
Reply 4
I've got the freshers guide thing. I was just reading on a list somewhere of things you need to take with you and present when enrolling etc, and it said information from your welcome pack/guide? But all ive had is a letter from my 'School' and a little Southampton uni booklet. I'm not sure if thats all we need?
Reply 5
Hmm, I thought the uni booklet was the welcome pack/guide :p:
Reply 6
coolster1
Hmm, I thought the uni booklet was the welcome pack/guide :p:

it might be, im not sure! ah well, it'll all sort itself out!
Just bumping up this thread because I'm still not clear on what exactly the Welcome Guide is (if that doesn't sound too stupid!!).
So far I have received information from the School of Humanities (a booklet etc) and the Fresher's Week Guide. Is this it or should I have received anything else??
Reply 8
queen_hannah
Just bumping up this thread because I'm still not clear on what exactly the Welcome Guide is (if that doesn't sound too stupid!!).
So far I have received information from the School of Humanities (a booklet etc) and the Fresher's Week Guide. Is this it or should I have received anything else??

Thats all I've received. I think thats it!
Reply 9
:frown: i dont have that freshers pack

just my letter from geog department.
Reply 10
Sam_B
:frown: i dont have that freshers pack

just my letter from geog department.

if you go on the union website....think its www.susu.org, you can contact them and ask them to send one. You need it to get discounted freshers tickets.
Reply 11
yeh i emailed them about the code and they sent me one :biggrin:

doubt i need the rest now lol
Reply 12
Okie Ill list what I have if it helps
- Welcome Guide - Including Info on Preperations and arriving at uni etc.
- Smart Card registery form, and sports Rec stuff - Booklet.
- Freshers pack with Yellow booklet.
- School of Psych booklet.
Hanzing
Okie Ill list what I have if it helps
- Welcome Guide - Including Info on Preperations and arriving at uni etc.
- Smart Card registery form, and sports Rec stuff - Booklet.
- Freshers pack with Yellow booklet.
- School of Psych booklet.

Yeah that helps a lot thanks! I've got everything you've listed apart from the Welcome Guide. So I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. They may be intending to send me one this week, but I've got nothing to lose by ringing them!
Reply 14
i havent got a welcome guide. and i think theyre being rubbish by not sending me one by now.
Reply 15
don't think i've got a welcome guide either, oh well. i very much doubt theres a point in sending one now.
Reply 16
Welcome guide is usually just a piece of paper that tells you your arrival details, what time to get there, what to bring etc. Or thats all I got last year, in with my accommodation stuff.
Reply 17
PQ
The welcome pack includes the induction information IIRC - which is all available online here: http://www.enrol.soton.ac.uk/induction.html (pdfs though:frown:)

Ohh I never got that last year, I remember looking it up online :biggrin:
Reply 18
Second year in a row i haven't gotten one. Thanks for the online link PQ. What would we do without you? :wink:
Reply 19
PQ
they're the responsibility of the individual schools to send out if I remember right - which is why it's a bit patchy in the way the go out. :rolleyes:

I only do it for the chocolates :shallow: :biggrin:

Nudge nudge wink wink.. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending