The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

James Baillie Park/North Hill Court 2010!

Could anyone give me any information on these two choices?

What is the social scene like?
Is the area nice?
I know both are a bit of a distance from the campus but is there a regular bus and/or easy to walk to?

If anyone else is in either of these residences, post on this thread!

I originally firmed North Hill Court but have now asked to change to James Baillie Court :smile:
Reply 1
lady_leon

Is the area nice?
I know both are a bit of a distance from the campus but is there a regular bus and/or easy to walk to?

I originally firmed North Hill Court but have now asked to change to James Baillie Court :smile:

they're next to each other up a quiet road off the main otley road to uni. takes 15mins to walk to uni so its not that far away at all. to be honest with you, your not likely to get JBP cos its so oversubscribed anyway and if your only changing your choice now i doubt you'll get it. you never know tho. JBP is far newer and more modern, its also larger with more students than North Hill Court. But apparently North Hill Court has big rooms and its also a lot cheaper than JBP.. depends what you're priorities are really :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
lady_leon

Is the area nice?

I've recently changed my application to James Baillie aswell (last month) :smile: From what i've seen it's really nice. To be honest, i'm pretty much thinking that wherever you end up the social life will generally be as good as you make it!

I do agree with the person above though, it is known to be oversubscribed, but if you think about it they don't need to sort accomodation out until they received results and knew which applicants were actually going. So i don't think it makes much of a difference that you recently changed your preferred accom :smile: it's just whether you receive a place at JBP when they do allocate accomodation.

Good luck for tomorrow!, if I don't get in I don't think i'll be able to look at the leeds uni forum ever again!! :frown: scareddd

Latest