The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

My sister got one this morning..
I think its just saying thank you for accepting a place not actually saying thank you we're accepting you :/
I'd just take it as nothing for now so you don't get your hopes up :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Got this too - I actually said 'Is this some kind of sick joke?' :colonhash:
Reply 62
Yeah I got one today too, don't get your hopes up, Lol.
Reply 63
I got one today too, it wouldn't surprise me if when you rang up Warwick, they had to lie, otherwise you knew you'd got in 24 hours earlier than you should have.

How could everyone here receive it on the same day, and everyone was meant to have it weeks ago, it seems unlikely that everyones got lost for weeks.

Anyway, thats my thoughts, good luck everyone.
Reply 64
natty_d
Got this too - I actually said 'Is this some kind of sick joke?' :colonhash:

Just got home now, found it, and said the exact same thing :biggrin:
Reply 65
I got it today. Hope it was sent early, but it doesnt sound like it.
The ambiguous language on the postcard doesn't help its cause either. :frown:

I do think it's strange that a postcard that was co-ordinated to be sent weeks ago arrived for seemingly large numbers of people the day before results day.

Anyway, good luck everyone!
Reply 67
If I don't get accepted after I got this postcard in the post this morning, I'll probably eat my own c**p (as I'll be taking an unplanned gap year) so just 11 3/4 hrs to go :/ good luck evry1 and I hope we've got in! oh and my mate said that he got one too, Warwick was his backup and I think he would have got his first choice, but lets hope these mean that we've got in!?!
Out of interest... Those people who got a postcard. Did anyone fail to meet their STEP/AEA target for maths? Because this would sort out right now whether this means you got in or not.
I received the exact same letter and wondered the same thing.

well, just for the record, I know I got in since I know my grades since July but I have not sent the documentation yet, so no it might be just a way of stimulating offer holders (though I reckon I don't know in each way) or just some mistake.
Reply 70
Well, I got in and got the postcard.

It also says on ucas that it was updated on 16-Aug.

So coincidence, no, I think mistake.
SuperStarr1
Kidbrooke has an "e" at the end of it btw :wink:

Back to the topic - Last year I had an offer for the U of Liverpool, I also got a postcard saying something about accepting the offer, but it also had phone numbers on it. Then come results day '09 and I find out that I was unsuccessful. Apparently, if the uni doesn't contact you, then you have been accepted or something!

Do you know I knew that I just forgot to type it. I might change it now anyway.
Reply 72
So... were the cards pre-sentient?
Chrrye
So... were the cards pre-sentient?

Nah - I've seen a few users who got the card but didn't meet the offer.

A bit of a cock up by Warwick here.

Latest