The Student Room Group

Debenhams Xmas Temps

Hi, i have applied for the xmas temps position and have a telephone interview tomorrow. Does anyone know what to expect?

Alxo (getting a bit ahead of myself) does anyone know what the staff discount is? I heard its 25% but that sems high.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I had one a couple of weeks ago. They will ask you questions that reinforce your application, i.e. "Why do you want to work for us etc.". Keep a pen, paper and calender close by as well as your NI number and any other documents.
I got a miss call today from a landline it might have been them. I'm glued to my phone right now hoping that they will call back.
Reply 2
celshaded
Yeah I had one a couple of weeks ago. They will ask you questions that reinforce your application, i.e. "Why do you want to work for us etc.". Keep a pen, paper and calender close by as well as your NI number and any other documents.
I got a miss call today from a landline it might have been them. I'm glued to my phone right now hoping that they will call back.

Thanks
So they basically ask similar questions the application?
They are phoning me on my mobile so im going to go outside for the interview seeing as its the summer holidays and there is a house full of kids.

i applied last year but i didnt get a telephone interview becasue i was a student and apparently couldnt work the hours i stated (weekends)- dont know what went wrong there! but last year i had a coupel of phone calls from them but they were withheld numbers. This mornign i got a call from an 0182 number which is different again to the number on their website.

You should call the number on the website and say you think you had a missed call from them today.
Reply 3
Which number should I call?
The number that called me was 018-23364200
I'm totally freaking out about this!
Reply 4
Thats the same number that phoned me this morning so it is definately debenhams.

Can you tell me a littl emore about your phone interview?
Reply 5
Yeah sure.
After the routine checks;
I was asked if I could work the set hours, as well as certain busy days during xmas and some before in november/october.
Then I was asked what responsibilities I thought my job consisted of, followed by what I want to gain from this placement.
They asked me how I would describe myself and so on.
My interview lasted 8 minutes.
I hope this helps.

EDIT: I tried phoning the number but nobody picks up.
Reply 6
celshaded
Yeah sure.
After the routine checks;
I was asked if I could work the set hours, as well as certain busy days during xmas and some before in november/october.
Then I was asked what responsibilities I thought my job consisted of, followed by what I want to gain from this placement.
They asked me how I would describe myself and so on.
My interview lasted 8 minutes.
I hope this helps.

EDIT: I tried phoning the number but nobody picks up.

Thanks that does help a lot, and i have given you rep

Whay not try phoning 08445616162 which is the number on the application website. Go back to you application and on the description page (down the bottam i think) is the name of the person to contact that deals with your application.
Reply 7
Im pretty sure the staff discount is 25% - my friend works in the restaurant and I'm sure thats what he gets throughout the store.
Reply 8
Thanks for the Rep.
I checked out the applications page, which is blank due to the application expiring.
I'll try calling 0844 number. I remember the name of the HR rep. Any tips on what to say, exactly?
Reply 9
celshaded
Thanks for the Rep.
I checked out the applications page, which is blank due to the application expiring.
I'll try calling 0844 number. I remember the name of the HR rep. Any tips on what to say, exactly?

i would just say "hi, i had a missed call today from someone at debenhams. can i possibly speak to ...... seeing as she dealt with my application"
Reply 10
MathsGirl
Hi, i have applied for the xmas temps position and have a telephone interview tomorrow. Does anyone know what to expect?

Alxo (getting a bit ahead of myself) does anyone know what the staff discount is? I heard its 25% but that sems high.

I work in Debenhams the staff discount is 20% unless you're under 18 then its 25% or if you are permanent and you get a store card then its 25% aswell.
Reply 11
celshaded
Thanks for the Rep.

I also had a missed call from them and i rang back and all I said was " hi I recieved a miss called from this number may i ask who it is?" and they replied its .. from debenhams and you tell them who you are and they look up your name, ask you for an interview and then you hope and wait.
Reply 12
tesha_al
I work in Debenhams the staff discount is 20% unless you're under 18 then its 25% or if you are permanent and you get a store card then its 25% aswell.

Thanks, thats still quite a lot. Just out of curiosity, why do you get more if your under 18?
Reply 13
MathsGirl
Thanks, thats still quite a lot. Just out of curiosity, why do you get more if your under 18?

i don't really know apparently it's because they get paid less so need more discount :s-smilie:
Reply 14
tesha_al
i don't really know apparently it's because they get paid less so need more discount :s-smilie:

i spose that makes sense really.
20% is still a lot its like £20+ off of a dress.... thats a very nice thought
Reply 15
hey i has an interview a few days ago it went well i think :colondollar:, she said she will call me saturday if i was succesful its saturday today and not heard a thing my mum was saying that its a saturday so probably busy does anyone know if they call u in the morning or evening
Reply 16
I got another call today. I have a phone interview tomorrow for another branch. Any tips?
Reply 17
celshaded
I got another call today. I have a phone interview tomorrow for another branch. Any tips?

not really they didnt get back to me about the job and i cant really tell what i did wrong. Try and answer completely differently for the wuestions they ask even though they are pretty similar!
Reply 18
MathsGirl
not really they didnt get back to me about the job and i cant really tell what i did wrong. Try and answer completely differently for the wuestions they ask even though they are pretty similar!

I applied for the stock movement job. I'm not sure what skills and attributes they would look for that job, especially over a phone interview. I would prefer an in person interview, I sound like a small child over the phone!
you're deluded the number is 07780290212 it worked for me ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending