The Student Room Group

weirdest thing - approached by a yogi in the street who told me my life story

Scroll to see replies

shinytoy
i wont lie, that was the best part.

i just started writing because i was too freaeked out to speak coherently

i appreciate your honesty have some rep to try and take those evil red gems away :console:
Reply 41
K the Failure
I'm not familiar with 'holistic therapy' but I'll assume that it's a load of ******** as you admit to cold reading.

And to echo previous posts... Stay skeptical until someone actually tells you something that would be impossible for them to know.

holistic therapy is like aromatherapy, reflexology etc but you give advice on streese and concerns in life too. and often working closely with people you can feel their energy and know stuff about them, and i use cold reading to exapnd on it.

but he was no way doing that since he didnt even say hello, he just started talking and came up to me and said something like 'your mom is very ill right now, she isnt at home she had a medical problem and nearly died recently , and your dad isnt in the country. you feel unhappy with your love life, there have been two men recently that have really hurt you. one of them turned out to be married, and the other one you feel betrayed you by living with a white woman, but he still thinks of you and you think of him....' and loads of personal stuff that i wont put into here.

that is not cold reading. he didnt ask me a single question or pause or look at my posture to see my reactions. normally i'd walk past but he was so confident and detailed and specific, and only looking me in the eye that i stoppped and listened in shock.

it was all impossible for anyone to know. he even told me the exact time i woke up this morning, 5.45 which only i would know
Reply 42
Consilio Et Animis
Be grateful; they usually charge loads.

who are they and what are they? have you met any before? what do they do with the money? he didnt look rich
this is total ********!! your either lying or a total idiot who just got mind raped by a guy in turban
Reply 44
woopbahtune
this is total ********!! your either lying or a total idiot who just got mind raped by a guy in turban

i'm not lying, and read the whole thread - there is no way this was cold reading or made up con since he just randomly launched straight into talking really specific detailed stuff. i didnt even say hello, i just stopped and listedn in shock

i
shinytoy
i'm not lying, and read the whole thread - there is no way this was cold reading or made up con since he just randomly launched straight into talking really specific detailed stuff. i didnt even say hello, i just stopped and listedn in shock

i

I have read the whole thread, i just dont believe it. you claim he knew stuff that is impossible for him to know yet you say he knew it. im fairly certain impossible things cant happen... thats why they're called impossible
Reply 46
woopbahtune
I have read the whole thread, i just dont believe it. you claim he knew stuff that is impossible for him to know yet you say he knew it. im fairly certain impossible things cant happen... thats why they're called impossible

well it is possible in the sense that it happened and he did it, but to my comprehension, impossible because i cannot for the life of me imagine how
MAYBE IT'S YOU FROM THE FUTURE :2in1:
Reply 48
shinytoy
yo ma hottt lovaars!!!

im pretty freaked out, i was off to get ma lunch and some random guy in a turban came up to me and started talking to me all this really detailed stuff about my life and my family, and my relationship and love life and my future. really weird stuff that there is no way anyone could know, like really private detailed stuff about my family. i said, mate right how do you know that? he said he was a yogi. he the handed me some screwed up paper and got me to keep it in my hand and then he asked me stuff like my d.o.b and my familys dob and my familyes names etc and he made a list. when i opened my hand to read the screwed up paper, it was already written on there. freaked the hell out of me. he said he was trained in face reading. he even knew stuff like my relationship with my ex, and dating a married guy and that i had issues with sex, and all kinds of really detailed stuff about my hobbied and persoality.

there is no doubt this guy was for real. im totally freaked out.

anyone ever come across yogi's before?? seriously wtf????????????

A similar thing happened to my parents too, about a month ago :eek:, a random guy was offering to read peoples hands. I dont know all the details. But i think he was being vague with his descriptions, so my parents didnt really believe him though lol
I guess he was a fake :rolleyes:
Reply 49
seriously? what are yogi's? i know siddi's are supposed to have all this telepathy and clairvoyance but i'd never seen it. also, loads of my mates do yoga in the gym, but none of them are psychic
shinytoy
well it is possible in the sense that it happened and he did it, but to my comprehension, impossible because i cannot for the life of me imagine how

He probably says the same things at the start to hundreds of people and if they give a shocked reaction he just goes with it. You'd be surprised how many things we think are totally personal to us are experienced/felt by most people.
The government are clearly on to you.
shinytoy
he was sikh and a yogi, but i dont care, the fact is, he could tell me all that detailed personal stuff and literally i just walked into him in the street.

no such thing as a sikh yogi, sikhs dont believe in tht typa stuff, probs hindu.
Reply 53
shinytoy
seriously? what are yogi's? i know siddi's are supposed to have all this telepathy and clairvoyance but i'd never seen it. also, loads of my mates do yoga in the gym, but none of them are psychic

What has yoga got anything tp do with it?:confused:
cool story
Reply 55
shinytoy
well at first he thought i had been abused as a child, then he thought that i'd had an abortion secretly, then he said he got the strongest feeling i was unhappy with my sex life which had alot of problems, but he didnt know what it was. and secretly, im a 24 y/o virgin, used to be because f religious no sex before marriage beliefs up to age 23 which i really really regret and wasted loads of my life, and so yeah, it is unusual and i feel embarrassed and unhappy about it. i need to get me some.

though how he knew that is beyond me, since i am a very hot woman

Ok, so he got it wrong twice, then said something very unspecific which would be true for a lot of people. If he had said straight away he knew you were a 24 year old who is a virgin because you used to be religious then it might be a bit more believable. But according to that he said two things that were false first, and even then the thing he said that was true was incredibly vague.

I'm not convinced. It sounds to me like you're hanging on the things he said that happen to be true, and completely forgetting/ignoring all the other things he said that were wrong before he stumbled onto something that was true.
Reply 56
SugaSuga
What has yoga got anything tp do with it?:confused:

presumably a yogi does yoga?
Reply 57
Haha, you sound like a moron so no wonder you believed him.
Reply 58
Psyk
Ok, so he got it wrong twice, then said something very unspecific which would be true for a lot of people. If he had said straight away he knew you were a 24 year old who is a virgin because you used to be religious then it might be a bit more believable. But according to that he said two things that were false first, and even then the thing he said that was true was incredibly vague.

I'm not convinced. It sounds to me like you're hanging on the things he said that happen to be true, and completely forgetting/ignoring all the other things he said that were wrong before he stumbled onto something that was true.

no but he sensed that i had a deeply unsatisfying sex life which was weird and unusual. there is no way you could guess that since i am very fine and normal loking, and it was weird for him to push the point even after i said the other two were worng.
, and the way he started out, so confident and specific there is no way i was picking what i'd like to beliedvews
Reply 59
You're a wizard Harry shinytoy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending